June 17, 2007

BIG week!

Well, I feel like I can't even remember the last time I posted on my blog. It has been forever! The main reason I have not is because there has been so much going on. Most of it I didn't want to share until I knew what the outcome would be. I have a new job for the fall!! I am very excited and more than a little nervous about it. I will be teaching 4th grade at Trinity Christian Academy in Addison. This is quite a stretch for me. See, I have a degree in Elementary Ed, but I haven't used it since I graduated. I have been teaching music instead. So, I am trusting in the peace that I have that God was in all of this. Here's how it came about:

About 4 weeks ago a friend at church that teaches at Trinity approached me and told me there was an opening at TCA. She insisted that God had laid me on her heart and asked me to please apply. Well, I wasn't planning on applying to a school like Trinity until next year. But, I prayed about it and I felt that it was the right thing to do to just apply. I mean, what were the chances that I would actually get hired at such an amazing school as Trinity, right?? Well, at the same time our pastor was doing a series on education in our afternoon services. He used to teach at Trinity years ago. He pretty much developed their curriculum for the English Department. He made a profound impact on that school. His wife, Mrs. Judy was the Assistant Principal for many years until she was diagnosed with cancer. I have two church friends that teach there as well. Well, in a small church that is a lot of people influenced by this school. So through all the teachings and discussions about education Trinity came up over and over again. I kept thinking, "Is God trying to tell m something, or what?"

So, I applied and the rest is history. I am shaking in my boots. I am overwhelmed to say the least with all that is ahead of me. I know full well that the first year will be hard, especially with Cait not being at the school with us yet (she will start next year).

I just thought I'd share our exciting news. I never even dreamed of going that route this year. But as I have learned day after day..."The heart of a man plans his ways, but God orders his steps." Proverbs 16:9

He always knows best.

3 comments:

sterjenmademm said...

Congrats! I am so happy for you!
Thanks for the blog on scripture memory from CDG. I just printed her entry to read. Praying for you!

Amber Smith said...

What wonderful news! I know you will do great! Love you!

ashley said...

Congratulations Tamra! You'll do a great job!