April 21, 2007

Quote of the day

With this in no way intended to be a pity party, I have to admit something. Right now, life is hard. I struggle daily to BELIEVE what I say I believe about God. I'm reminding myself with every opportunity I get to tell myself the truth. Have you ever hard someone tell you to talk to yourself rather than listen to yourself? When you listen to yourself you can can in big trouble. But when you speak truth to yourself all day everyday, then things seem to go much better for you.
Well, when talking to myself, I try to review scripture in my mind that is very comforting and brings peace. I also review things that I know to be true about God, such as...

  • I believe He's in control.
  • I believe He has a plan.
  • I believe His plan cannot be thwarted by one of His creations.
  • I believe that He loves me.
  • I believe that He wants good things for me.
  • I believe that He is working in me both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
  • I believe that the struggle...the valley...the darkness are all what He has sovereignly chosen for all of us in different seasons of our lives to sanctify us.
  • I believe that it would be SO WRONG to grumble about the Almighty God loving me so much that He wants to make me more like His precious Son Jesus. So what if it hurts, right? It's worth it!!!

All this said...I am not fully sanctified yet. I am still a sinner. I will never trust Him fully and rightly this side of heaven. I will try, with His grace, but I will not always succeed. These past few weeks have been hard. I have felt physically ill, so it makes the trials I am going through so much more prevalent. I shared my struggle of late with my sister and she sent me this quote. It's so good that I want to cross stitch it for my home...well, I don't cross stitch, but maybe someone will do it for me!!!

"We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we
are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be."

I want to do what is right and what is right is to trust Him who made me and takes care of me. So I will trust that if what is best for me happens to be painful (like it is right now) then I will pray for more grace to bear it and bless His name in the midst of it. And I HAVE to remember...that He doesn't give us the grace for something before we need it!! So, I need to stop myself when I fear the future and ask for grace to trust Him that He will give me what I need when I need it. That's all.
I pray that we all will be able to do just that in our day of trial...and there will be days of trial. It's part of the plan, and it is a good plan. Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

3 comments:

Aisha Willis said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! Wow that quote hits home hard. We're both going to make it throught these tough times and at some point look at this time and see what great miracles God performed and know that our faith grew in ways we could not begin to imagine. Still praying for you girl.

Anonymous said...

My heart hurts for you! I love you so much! Please know that I pray for you!
Danielle

Louisiana Belle said...

Praying for you Tamra! You are such an encouragement to me- thank you for sharing your heart.