April 03, 2007

Who is she?



Who is this precious little girl? Is it Cait? She does have the same piercing blue eyes, but "no."
Is it me when I was knee-high to a grasshopper? Well, same eyes and curly hair, but "no" again.
I think the closest guess would be my sister Danyel. If you cover up the lower half of this little girl's face, it is identical to Danyel as a child. But yet again, the answer is "no."

This angelic little face actually belongs to none other than Claudia Diane Bennett Kemp...my mom.
Look at her in that precious little pink dress. I'm certain that my grandmother made it for her as she did all of her clothes. And look at that expression on her face. What could she be thinking? I'm not sure, but I think she had to have been a shy little girl. One thing I do know, she is very pretty. I think Cait, Danyel and I all look a lot like her, if I can say that without sounding like I'm boasting. I wonder if baby Mia will grow to look like her as well? Such a sweet heritage.

More than inheriting my mom's looks I hope to inherit her character. And what character! Mom is a woman who loves her God! She is humble and loving and kind. She has strong convictions and she sticks by those like no one else I've ever known. She is so quick to find the good in people. She actually used to have a nickname that some of her old co-workers gave her..."Claudianna" (as in Pollyanna). I think they intended it as a mockery, but I always saw it as a high compliment that they were paying her. She likes to find the good in situations and in people. Wouldn't you want to be the friend of someone who always gave you the benefit of the doubt and saw the good in you? Or rather, wouldn't you like to be the daughter of one such as that?

Mom is a hard worker! She is the person I can call when I need help with something, and I could put her straight to work. She loves to work, serve, help and get things done.
Mom is a wonderful example of a helpmate to her husband. My mom loves my dad so much! She respects him and serves him and speaks highly of him. She has made mistakes in the past as far as submission and respect goes towards my dad (she is human), but she has confessed those sins to God and to others and is so humble about it. I am learning from her example as well as from her mistakes!

What a blessing to come from such a heritage! When a woman realizes that she can pass on to her children either a blessing or a curse by how she lives her life, she then knows what an enormous impact she has on generations to come. One generation after another will follow in the heritage lived out before them. I'm so honored to say that my mom certainly has passed on a blessing. She has lived out a life of a godly example.
God, help me to do the same for my little angel in a pink dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that was your sweet mother! Isn't it a blessing to have generations of women before us who love our Lord?!
I miss you, friend.

Anonymous said...

I knew as soon as I saw the picture that it was your mom. What a sweet lady she is! (and you are too, by the way)