July 02, 2007

Disappearing Egypt

The other day I was realizing that the one year anniversary of my "new life" is quickly approaching. I sat there evaluating whether or not it had felt like a whole year or longer than just a year. I concluded that it felt more like 5 years. When I stopped to look behind me, I was struck to realize that I couldn't even see Egypt behind me anymore. I felt like I was standing there in the dessert looking back in disbelief. I can't believe the Lord has brought me this far. I felt so spurred on to keep on moving. I do believe that Canaan is ahead. It's probably much farther ahead than I would like to believe, but I know it's there. He didn't bring me out into the dessert to die, but rather to take me somewhere.

"And in Your hands the pain and the hurt...
Look less like scars and more like character
Less like a prison and more like my room
Less like a casket and more like a womb
Less like dying more like transcending
Less like fear, less like an ending"

This is not the end. It's just the beginning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you last night as this is now July--anniversary month. I have always thought of you guys on your anniversary, and still will. The prayers will be a little different this year. I'm so glad you are hoping towards "Canaan", even while you are still in the desert--so God honoring!! Take care.

Christi said...

Love you, friend! I am praying for you! Enjoy your time next week!

ashley said...

Tamra...I've been thinking of you a lot lately and wondering how you are doing. I hope your summer is going well.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying friend...glad to be along for the journey! The Lord knew we needed each other didn't He? I love you so much and seeing you walk this road brings great joy to my heart! I'm glad to be Jesus with skin on in your life...thanks for letting me!

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

Louisiana Belle said...

Praise God for new beginnings! I'm praying for you. I appreciate you sharing your heart with us.

Jennifer Bacak said...

I cannot wait to see what your Canaan looks like. It's going to be beautiful for us all to watch. What God is doing in you NOW is truly beautiful!
Love to you!
jenn

Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so very much!!! Your encouragement carries me so far! All of you that posted here are my far away friends. I miss you all!!!!

Have a great weekend!!

Angel said...

Beautiful and wonderful to hear. I am so grateful to see your heart begin to heal. You are awesome. Angel