November 06, 2007

Documentation for me and fun for the grandparents

So, Benjamin is praying for his "prayer bear" tonight. Her name is Elle. She is a beautiful little girl in his class. Benjamin is praying for her and says this to God. "Dear God, thank you for Elle. Keep her well. Help her not get sick. And thank you, God, that you made her name so easy to spell...just 'L.' That's so easy. Amen."

Benjamin and Cait call restaurants, "rent-strants."

Cait calls Pull-ups, "Pulley's"

Cait knows every word to "Once Upon a Dream" from "Sleeping Beauty." She sings it in her best opera voice. With each new verse she climbs a few notes upward and starts in a new and higher key. This is all accompanied by her twirling and sudden meeting with the prince in the forest!

Benjamin was praying at school last week. It was the principal's birthday. B prayed, "Dear God, please help Mr. Morris to have a great birthday. And if we don't see him, would you wish him a happy birthday for us? And if we DO see him, would you give us the courage to go up to him and tell him? Amen." Mr. Morris thought that was pretty sweet!

Benjamin thinks he can count to a million. Once he gets to 109, then he jumps to 1,000 and once he gets to 1,009, he jumps to 1,000,000. I try to correct him and he argues until I give up.

FYI- everyone is doing much better now that we have moved and adjusted a little. Cait is loving being at the Cooks. Benjamin is adoring Kindergarten and it is hard for him to leave at the end of the day. I am out of boxes and quite settled now. I caught my breath this week and it felt really nice. We get an extra hour together at home each day. that is so nice. So, thanks for all the encouragement through the move and the adjustment! We so appreciate those prayers and love!

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I loved reading all about Benjamin and Cait. I missed seeing you this weekend! Glad your move went well! Love you!

Dimple Queen said...

Tamra, just letting you know I have been "stopping by" to check in...I figured you were busy with the move and all. I have been thinking about you and praying for you. I hope you all are loving your new place..

BTW when my Timothy was in PullUps he called them "Pull Its" It was cute...Carlton still calls them that! LOL

Angie Pridgen (Turner)