November 15, 2007

Spiritual Renewal

Today, I am so blessed to be taking my Fall Spiritual Renewal Day. TCA takes care of their teachers and staff in so many ways. This is one of those ways. We get one day in the fall and one in the spring to just breathe, spend time with God and in His word. I chose to spend my day with my baby girl. We are in much need of time together, and I figured that I would feel most renewed if I had some girl time, combined with time in the word.

Speaking of spiritual renewal...I let the wonderful weekend I spent with the ladies of my church slip right by without giving you an update. It was wonderful, as usual, to slow down, be with the godly women of my church and be encouraged in the Lord. Here are some pics from the weekend.


Allyson and Jenni with Jack in tow.


Julie with Daniel, and Jenni with Jack


Part of the group after a nice long hike.
Poor Rhonda! We nearly drove her crazy with all the questions we asked her about child-raising and keeping a home. I hope she comes back next year after getting the third degree!!!!


Amy with baby Will. They were my cabin buddies!!


Jenna came all the way from Las Vegas to be with us. We also finally got to meet Mr. Joshua! What a sweetie. So many babies were along this year!! I was feeling kind of footloose and fancy free!

The Lord is so good to give us what we need, when we need it, and not before. It's good to have reminders of that. Sure, I'd love to be in their shoes, growing my family and caring for little bitty ones again. But that's not where I am right now, and I can do nothing to change it.
All blessings are from Him though...even the blessing of having to wait and be content where I am.

No comments: