January 13, 2008

Mouths of Babes

After a trip to the ice cream shop, Benjamin wanted to call his daddy. He said, "Daddy, today I had an ice cream Wednesday." It was a Wednesday and it just made sense to him.


Tonight after bath B was telling me something he had learned and I gave him that sad, "you're growing up too fast" face that he knows so well. He looked at me and said, "Don't worry Mommy. I'm growing up to be strong and wise, just like you and God want me to be." :)

Cait asks the most difficult questions these days.
"Mommy, what does 'I love you' mean?"
"Mommy, what does 'I forgive you' mean?"
"Mommy, what does 'worship God' mean?"
All phrases that she has been using since she could talk and that she's heard since she was born. But just now she's starting to dissect their meaning.


I love these kinds of questions because it allows you that opportunity to lay a foundation in their little minds. You get to paint a God-centered universe from their perception of things. Right now their hearts are tender and teachable. Oh, how I pray that they will always stay that way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Tamra, your family is soooo sweet! I can't wait to see you! I can just see your "you're growing up to fast" look, and I know what you mean! I also can relate to the really hard questions; they are so good though, and just another way for us to have insight into our children's heart, right?~Gab