January 03, 2008

He's Six...


Six years ago a wonderful thing happened to me. I was forever changed by becoming the mother of this sweet boy! I mean, look at him!!! How could you NOT love and adore him? Seriously! He has brought me more joy in the last six years than I ever thought was possible to experience. Well, Tuesday this precious boy of mine turned six years old! It was definitely a cause for celebration! B wanted a little bowling party and he invited a few of his close buddies...and of course his cousins!





Eli (my nephew) after a great bowl gives mom a high five!


Miss Rebekah and Benjamin kidding around. If she weren't so much taller than him, I would definitely be trying to arrange a future marriage between these two! She is precious!!


CRAZY fun!!


GiGi feeding baby Mia. Can you believe they all drove to Dallas for the party? So sweet!
GiGi, Poppa, Aunt D, RyRy, Eli and Mia!! We LOVE our family!!!


This is the sad little cake that I made. Right now looking at this picture I so desperately want to reach out and touch it up. Oh well! There was a second cake also, shaped like a bowling ball, that was too bad to post up here. I was trying to save money and make a cake, rather than buy one from a bakery. However, after watching the whole cake making fiasco ...my mom volunteered to BUY the cake next year!

The birthday party gang!!
Luke, Rebekah, Benjamin, Mia, Eli, Hannah, Cait and Jackson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

Looks like ya'll had a terrific time. So sad we couldn't make it this year. I think your cake doesn't look too bad. I couldn't have done any better.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY B!!!
from Mrs. Clary & Judah & Truth.

Anonymous said...

What a fun time! I'm having a hard time realizing that our little guys turn 6 this year! Aaahhh! Blessings to you all!
-Lori

Liz said...

Oh my goodness, I think the cake was adorable!!! What a fun party. Great pictures too. Elizabeth

Amber Smith said...

That cake is not sad at all. I think it looks great! Happy Birthday Benjamin!

Tamra Perkinson said...

Thanks for the kindness about my cake!!! You're all TOO nice! I usually have a lot of fun baking the cake for my kids' parties, but this year that was not the case. I'm not sure if I was just crunched for time, or what. I've already changed my mind back again...of course I want to make their cakes on my own next time!! They are not nearly as pretty, but it's fun for me and cheap!!!

Dimple Queen said...

This is a little late and all, but I thought the cake was adorable too! I would have loved to have seen the ball too! I think you did a great job Momma!!

Angie