February 09, 2008



If you've been reading this blog for awhile, then you know about my appreciation for Sara Groves. Her music has ministered to me in the most amazing ways. Not just one song has meant a great deal, but several. I sort of feel like she and I are friends! HA! Well, tonight I had the opportunity to see her in concert. It was a real blessing, as I knew it would be. The friends I went with all got sick. One got sick beforehand and never showed. The other left right in the middle of the concert, leaving me there alone. It was okay, though. I'm getting more and more acquainted with being alone and it being okay. So, anyway...after the concert I bought a couple of CD's and was just standing there looking at them. I then ran into a friend that I worked with at TCA. She introduced me to her husband, who happened to be the announcer for the event. I told them how much I loved Sara Groves and how the Lord had used her music in my life. So, my friend's husband said, "You need to tell her that yourself. Come on, I'll introduce you."

I got to shake Sara's hand and tell her for myself. I'm sure she hears those same words everywhere she goes from a hundred other faces, but it felt good to tell her anyway.

So, as of tonight I have now completed my Sara Grove CD collection. I now own all of her CD'S. So if you're in need of some fresh new tunes, I'm the girl to see!

Good night, y'all!

4 comments:

Christi said...

COOL! She was here on Thursday night, but we didn't get to go! I hope to get to see her next time!
So glad you were able to go!
Have a great Lord's day!
Love ya!

Dimple Queen said...

OH!!!! Carlton is taking me to see Steven Curtis Chapman on Thursday....It would be AMAZING if I could shake his hand...but somehow I don't think that is going to happen! Oh well, seeing him live is just as good!

Glad you had a great time!

Angie

theConsiderer said...

Tag! You've been memed.
http://theconsiderer.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Bacak said...

Awesome.
I can get you the hook-up to an RSB concert if you like...maybe not as meaningful to you, but still, they're pretty cool. :)
jenn