March 24, 2008

Easter party


Benjamin's class has the neatest little parties. They are not only for the kids, but also for the parents. I love that! Here the kids are singing some little songs they learned about Jesus and about spring. They also recited Psalm 121 using their sign language. So precious!
B's face lit up when I walked in the room. It made me feel good and sad all at the same time. I have to admit that it's been hard for m to be a part of everything the Kindergarten has put on this year because of my own class. That is a bummer. However, it works out most of the time, which I need to be so grateful for.


Here Benjamin is telling me about his box. They read a sweet book called, Benjamin's Box together as a class. The main character, Benjamin, tells the story of Jesus' death and resurrection through the eyes of a child. As he tells the story, he collects little keepsakes along the way and puts them in his box. They are items that help retell the story behind the gospel. Each of the students made their own box with those same items to help them tell the story over and over again. He was going piece by piece telling me the story. Makes me tear up just thinking about it now.


Wednesday when they had their class party, a monsoon swept through Addison. Seriously, it was mega rain like my kids have never seen! Because of that, the egg hunt was indoors. Here is B taking a peek in one of eggs.

Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Angel said...

OHHH HOW SWEET!!! That is precious. Angel

Rachel said...

I love all the pictures you posted of the kids- you have been busy! Your parents are the best looking grandparents aren't they?!