March 24, 2008

A word of encouragement

A friend of mine e-mailed me a few days ago with encouragement. She of all people can encourage me because her situation is the same as mine. If you only knew how many precious ladies I am friends with that are in my same situation! It is crazy, y'all! Some days it feels pretty discouraging! I mean, what is going on??!!

Anyway, this post is about encouragement, not DIScouragement!!!

A few months ago I kept having this thought run through my head..."I feel like spring is almost here." Now, I don't man literal spring, as in the season, obviously. I was talking about the spring of my life. Winter has come and stayed a long time. Winter is not my favorite. Not in the least. I hate the cold. I think the bare trees are depressing and the staying indoors all the time (because I hate to BE cold) gets so stinking old after a few months. I think I get vitamin D deprived. Loneliness is a common thing in the winter. I hate that feeling. I am a social person and I hate feeling all alone. But all that said, I kept feeling like winter was coming to an end. Spring was near.

So interesting, because this friend e-mailed me with some encouraging words and a verse from Songs of Solomon. How interesting, huh?


“My beloved responded and said to me, ‘Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, And come along.
11
‘For behold, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone. Song of Songs 2:10-11

Oh, let it be so! Come spring! Please come. I'm tired of the bitter coldness of winter and its bleakness. I'm ready for the warmth and the newness that so perfectly follows the cold and rain.

3 comments:

Angel said...

AMEN GIRL!!! I want to see you have LOTS and LOTS of Spring. I truly do. I am saying a prayer tonight that God will bring you Spring. Hugs, Angel

Tamra Perkinson said...

Thank you! You are an ANGEL!
You inspire me girl by your life and example. It's crazy to think that I feel like you are a dear friend, even though we haven't talked in person for years! Gotta love this internet thing! Hopefully I will get to meet your three littl miracles in person one day, God willing!

Rachel said...

I agree with Angel wholeheartedly. You are such an example to so many of remaining faithful to God even in the midst of undesirable circumstances. That is so awesome how your friend encouraged you with a verse that confirms what you have been feeling. God is so good to us. He will bring you out of the winter and into the spring!