September 06, 2008

The circus


Okay...I told you I was behind on blogging! But I couldn't leave this one out!
Paul gave Cait tickets to the circus for her birthday. We went on her actual birthday, which gave us something really special and fun to do that night. It's been years since I went to the circus and I loved it just as much as an adult as I did as a child...minus the commercialized products they are trying to get you to buy!




She's 5 now!



Okay, so the tickets were expensive enough! And Paul reminded me in advance of all the glow things they were going to be selling there, so I got an idea! We made a trip to the dollar store and stocked up on everything we needed and more for that night.



We bought glow necklaces, glow bracelets, glow sticks...we bought candy for all of us. We even found this cool package of Barnum and Bailey Circus gummies. Perfect!
Total spent on snacks and glow thingies= $7.00
At the circus: one bag of cotton candy= $12
RIDICULOUS!!!!!





This was Cait's favorite...dancing dogs with little costumes on!



These were my favorites...the acrobats flipping in mid air and landing in a pyramid.


TIGERS, oh my! They look littl sweet BIG kitties, don't they?








This tiger is hopping like a rabbit. Notice his feet are not touching the ground.


A kiss from Blanco




These girls were freaky bendy! It's what I wish I could do in my yoga class!!!


Thank you sweet Paul for such a fun night! The kids asked on the way out the door that night if we could go to the circus again tomorrow. I think it was a hit!

5 comments:

Liz said...

Smart Mama! We always use this trip before going to Disneyland! Crazy expensive places! Glad you had fun!

Amber Smith said...

$12 for a bag of cotton candy!!!! WOW! I'm glad you thought ahead and came prepared!

Looks like fun. I haven't been to the circus in so long. Happy birthday Cait!

Kimberly said...

How FUN! It looks like you guys had a wonderful evening. Smart thinking on going to get goodies and snacks at the dollar store!

Angel said...

How fun!!! What a PERFECT present. Great idea to stock up on glow stick type stuff at the dollar store. I will have to remember that! :0) Angel

Jennifer Bacak said...

It's so good to catch up on your blog...I haven't been blogging much since school started. Crazy busy. And I think you're blog has the most beautiful look of all I've seen. How can I make that happen?
Love you!
jenn