September 08, 2008

Labor Day 08

So it's kind of the last hoorah on Labor Day weekend at the lake. After that it is pretty much too cold to get in the water or else we're just too busy with school and stuff to get up to the lake. So, it's sad, but it's kind of the closure to a really fun summer...always!











Fun in the sun, of course and then some down time decorating cookies.


Eli cared WAY more about eating the icing than putting it on his cookies. Life is short, right? Eat the icing off the spoon, I say!




Pooped boys in need of a nap.




Feeding the deer corn is one of our lake house rituals. The kids love it...especially when we get to see the little fawns. By this time of year they are being weaned from their mothers and starting to eat big deer food! So sweet to see, though.





My monkey climbing across the porch swing, upside down.


Cait can always sweet talk Paul into playing with her. This day it was coloring. This was before the broken arm and so she was coloring inside the lines, instead of making everyone else color for her and she acts as boss of which color goes where.


Fishing with Poppa







Paul and I got a great workout in the kayak. This was a BLAST!! To be honest, we did get in a minor argument when I was in the front. I think we had two leaders that way! The next time I let him sit in front so I could follow his lead. Much better that way! HA!



I cannot stop cracking up at these pictures! Ryan was throwing B up in the air and into the water. So crazy when I see how high he was really flying!!!







And my favorite!!


And the biggest thrill of the weekend for us all was Paul's big catch! He and dad went fishing one night and Paul caught this 8 pound 6 ounce bass!!!!



Dad just can't wait to show this off to his fishing buddies! Good job Paul!!





Another great weekend...another great summer!

2 comments:

Jennifer Bacak said...

These are great pics Tamra.
I feel cool because I've been there now, and know the places in the pictures.
That was a HUGE fish!
Fun!
jenn

Dimple Queen said...

Tamra, Wow, so much has changed in your life in the past year. I added you on facebook and thought...I haven't been by her blog in a VERY long time! So, I stopped by! Love the look by the way....I picked up up one of those free backgrounds myself! Love them! You look very happy!