September 03, 2008

One month ago

Well I told you that I was behind on my blogging, but this is ridiculous! On August 8-10 we went to the lake house to celebrate 3 birthdays...Cait (with the fam), mom and Danyel. It was a GREAT weekend! It was also three BIG birthdays to celebrate.

Cait turned 5.
Mom turned 55.
Danyel turned 30.

There are almost exactly to the day 25 years in between each of them. So neat!

So I thought I'd just show you a few pictures. Here is Cait opening one of her presents, which is now our favorite nightgown!


Mom finally getting the mug she has been asking for with her grandbabies' picture on it.


And Danyel opening her heaviest gift of all.


30 cans of her favorite cream soda that can only be found at Central Market. Actually, all of her gifts were in increments of 30.
30 Twix bars
$30 gifts cards
30 minute massage
30 dollar bills
You get the idea.

Her last, and my favorite gift was a book, "Thirty People that Love You."
Here she is opening her book and reading from 30 different family members and friends that love her and told her why they do. It blessed me to read that book. THANK YOU if you are one of the people who contributed to that little project. I think she liked it!



Now it is tim for cake! This is another Lisa cake...same lady that made Kristi and Cait's cakes. It was strawberry swirl on the inside. Mmmm.....




Paul had these made by a guy at work. Aren't they hilarious?! Thirty dollar bills with her face on it. "Danyel Dollars." "In Danyel we trust...NOT!"


Later that night we played a game that Paul and came up with. We researched the years 1953 and 1978, the years mom and D were born. Then we made up a trivia game about music, movies, world events, etc. of those years. It was a lot of fun!!

I had to throw this sweet picture of prissy Mia in here from the next day. It was a good weekend, save the fact that Paul and Tyler both got sick. We were so blessed to have Kristi, Tyler and Bill come with us this trip. The more the merrier, esecially at the lake!

5 comments:

Wendi said...

ADORABLE! My five year old just saw the cake picture and asked for one like that on her next birthday :-). Sounds like a lot of fun. (and your blog is officially the cutest blog on the block!!!)

Angel said...

That cake is ADORABLE!! Sounds like so much fun- well except for the poor sick ones. :0) Angel

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tamra! It was the best weekend! I had so much fun and loved all of my gifts. Especially the birthday book!

I love you sweet sister!
Danyel

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I love the gift ideas you guys had for Danyel, those are great!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Awwwwwww....so glad Danyel liked the book. What a wonderful idea! Oh, and I love the cake. Wish that lady lived in our area. :)