August 07, 2008

Birthday Tea



Won't you join me for tea to celebrate my 5th birthday?
Saturday, August 2,
1:00 pm
At my house

Please wear your best tea attire or
choose from any of mine...I'd love to share!
Bring your mommy too!




It's TRUE!!! My baby girl turned 5 years old!!!
How can it be? Seriously, this girl brings me so much joy, showers others with so much love and has a smile that could make any grump find a smile.
She is a joy and I am so, so very grateful to have spent the last five years of my life with her!



We threw a little tea party this year for Cait's friends and their mommies. Here are a few pictures of her girly tea pot cake.



Benjamin and Paul needed to be a part of the celebration...but a tea party really wasn't a boy thing. So, we decided to turn them into our waiters!! Bow ties and all!



What sports, huh?



B took the job very seriously and truly served the girls, pushed in their chairs and ushered away their dirty dishes.



We were so pumped that Aunt D, Eli and Mia rode with GiGi to Dallas and were able to come to the party!
Sweet Eli and Mia



My two favorite girls!




Abbey


Chatting over "tea"...otherwise known as pink lemonade


Kat and Abby


Mia Beth


Oh, the joy of pouring their own cup!!






sweet Emily





GiGi and B





Sweet friends Truth and Cait


Emma


Girl time


Rebekah


Elizabeth


Happy birthday to you, love!


It's pink! It has to taste good, right?
To Cait, if it's pink it's the best.



Present time!

I gave Cait her first TCA uniform. Look how adorable my little Kindergartner is going to look!



Oh wow!!!


Danyel (who's about to have a birthday of her own!), me and Kristi


The party was great and went off without a hitch. It was a joy to be surrounded by Christian women and their sweet little girls...the kind of girls that I hope Cait is drawn to as friends for all her life. Thank you to everyone who came and made the party a special day for us!

This is a post-party picture of Eli and Mia. Eli couldn't wait until after the party to get a dress on and show off his twirling. Danyel just rolls her eyes. I personally think he's been playing with his girly cousin a little too much!

3 comments:

Monica Chadwell said...

These photos are precious! The two photos with just you and Cait are especially sweet.

Happy Birthday, Cait! ;-)

Who made the cake? It's so cute!

Danyel - I could totally see you rolling your eyes over Eli. Funny, funny. That made me laugh.

Unknown said...

I love these photos! Did you make the cake? If so, please tell me how! I didn't do the cake for our tea party, I did petit fors, but that cake is amazing! Oh and also, Paul really does seem great!

Anonymous said...

What a cute party. I love it. You guys looked like you had so much fun.