August 20, 2008

First Day

Today was the day! Our first day of school! For some reason I am in complete denial that this day has come and gone! Both of my babies are in school now!

Cait started Kindergarten today and Benjamin started first grade. Wasn't it just yesterday that they were crawling around under my feet in the kitchen?

It was such a special day! We packed lunches, backpacks, ironed and laid out uniforms the night before. We were ready! Then this morning we all hopped out of bed and hit the ground running. Despite the rain and early morning, it all went great!

Here are my babies in the morning before school.





Kindergarten here I come!!!!!!


Our neighbor came out to get the paper and offered to take our picture. So fun!


First grade watch out!!


Mrs. Gilliland, Cait's teacher. Benjamin had her last year and we LOVED her!


Mrs. Herritage, the Teacher's Assistant


Putting her backpack in her cubby.


Benjamin being greeted by his new teacher, Mrs. Henderson. She requested him in her class because she said, "Us red heads have to stick together!"




Putting away his backpack...


B thought it was so cool that he got to chew bubble gum on the first day of school.

When I went to pick him up after school I asked him how his day went and he said, "Mom, she's great!" He was talking about his sweet teacher. That makes a mom feel good! Cait enjoyed her day too and said her favorite part was lunch in the cafeteria. Go figure!

It's gonna be a great year!!!

6 comments:

Angel said...

They are SOOOO adorable. I hope you have a wonderful year all together at school. Hugs, Angel

Missy Steadman said...

I hope that every day goes as well as today!

Ashley McWhorter said...

So great they had a wonderful first day! How was YOUR first day? :)

Treats by Trish said...

So cute! It is sad when you see them getting oh so big - but each little milestone is so exciting too!

Kimberly said...

Those photos are sooo precious! Thanks for taking the time to take photos. I hope I'm as put together as you are on A.'s first day of school. ;~)

Unknown said...

So I checked your blog for the sole purpose of hoping to find pics of your kids' first day of school! Yay, what a blessing! Would you believe, I wore the same exact uniform Cait has on to my private school? Brings back memories! I stopped and prayed for Hannah by the way. Keep us posted. Miss you!