August 28, 2008

My Class and Hannah

Well, the year is off to a great start for me in th fourth grade hall! I absolutely LOVE my class, which wasn't 100% true of my class from last year! They were all sweet kids one-on-one, but a mess as a mix. Well this group is great! I'm sure that a lot of that has to do with th fact that this isn't my first rodeo anymore at TCA. I know where to anticipate things before they happen. It's been a MUCH smoother go so far. About my class. Here are some facts...
  • I have triplets in my room. Yes, all three of them together in one room. This is usually a no-no in schools, but the parents made an appeal and it was granted. They are precious!
  • I have the daughter of a well-known car dealership chain in Dallas.
  • I have (for History) Tony Dorsett's daughter.
  • I have 4 divorced families, that I know were strategically placed in my care (seeing as I might have a heart for those types of situations).
  • I have 3 dyslexic children, who are all jewels!
  • I have 12 boys and 11 girls.
It's a great start to what I think is going to be a great year! But let me tell you about Hannah...she and I have already formed such a special bond. She comes to my room everyday after school and just wants to hang out with me. Today she fell in a puddle of tears when I told her I had to leave. I asked her what was wrong and she said that she didn't want to go to her dad's house. I hugged her while she cried. About half-way through the hug I felt her arms wrap around my waist. It breaks my heart, y'all! I want to be a safe place for Hannah. I want to pray for her and for her to see the power of that prayer. I want her not to be poisoned by her mother or hr father's words. I want her to be saved. I want her to one day experience the healing that only Jesus can bring to a heart that's been wounded. And we've all been wounded in one way or another, haven't we?

Keep praying for Hannah! And if you would, would you pray for me too that my words and actions will be of the Lord? Thanks friends!

2 comments:

Angel said...

It does sound like a great start. I am so glad you can be there to help these precious kids! Hugs, Angel

Monica Chadwell said...

I feel like I can see your class through your eyes, and the words you've written. It's so pleasing to know they're are servants out there, like you, that are dying (to self, that is) to be the hands and feet of Christ. You are a fine example of Him.

I will continue to lift all of you up. Perhaps, you can do the same for me? I also am teaching this year, and have 31 precious darlings to look after too. It's great to do the Lord's work, and I pray that we are both wonderfully equipped to do it well. ;-)