November 19, 2008

The Family Comes Today and Other Fun Things

It's HERE! It's HERE! Let the festivities begin!

The family is on their way here as I type. It has begun.

Just for fun, because distraction is sometimes the best way to cope with anxiety :-) here are some fun pictures from the last few weeks.

#1 - Little shower
...with all my co-workers in the 4th grade hall.
Let's just say they gave me gifts that I will not post pictures of on the internet. Very pretty though, and FUN!


Mendy, Suzie and me


Dusty and Donna


Cheryl, Amy and Andrea


I did get a little bottle of perfume. I can post a picture of that!


#2 My son playing a joke us us

The other night I asked the kids to go get their pj's on. When they came out of the bedrooms, this is what Benjamin was sporting. Oh yes! He was in his sister's nightgown!!! HA! He thought he was so funny.
So I said, "Well since you think you're so funny, you're going to wear a bow for family devotion time!"
He played along and thought it wa funny. Sad thing is...he makes a pretty little girl with that long, curly hair and eyelashes!




Twirling, learned from none other than his sister!


My "pretty" little boy!!


#3 Colonial Day in 4th Grade




After studying about colonial America we committed an entire day to the experience of that era.



My room was the home arts room. We taught the kids how to weave on a loom (so fun!).



Here are Charla and I in our Colonial garb. This was my mom's dress from like 30 years ago. As a little girl, I can still remember her wearing this dress at a costume party. Perfect for me now!



On the loom and also learning to quilt a square.
Here Charla teaches the basics.



#4 Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast

Cait's class had a traditional feast, including the pilgrims and the indians!
The Kindergartners were the Indians.
Their 3rd grade pen pals were the pilgrims.



Cait and her 3rd grade pen pal, Katie.



Here's Cait with her buddy Lauren.



Placemat and place card



See, life is still going on even when I feel like it should be coming to a screeching halt for us!

3 more days, y'all!!!!

7 comments:

Louisiana Belle said...

How fun! Ben is so pretty dressed up like a girl! I'm glad you got pics of that! Enjoy this time of celebration, girlie!

Monica Chadwell said...

Yay! Today's the DAY!

Tamra & Paul, I've been praying for you throughout the week and this morning too. I'm so excited for you all. Can't wait to see new photos!!

Love to you all -

Monica

Anonymous said...

Happy Wedding Tamra & Paul!!!

love,
ann and the clary clan

GraceandFaith said...

Today is Saturday and I keep smiling as I pray for you and Paul throughout the evening. Enjoy each other and have a great honeymoon!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Angel said...

Ben looks ADORABLE!! That is so funny. :0) Today is such a huge day for you. Can't wait to see pictures of everything. Hugs, Angel

Angel said...

I am just here to confess that I am stalking your blog for pictures. I KNOW!!! YEAH RIGHT!! Like you have time to be blogging right now. Still... it can't be helped. I'm too excited for you not to do a TEENY bit of blog stalking. Hope you are enjoying every moment of this amazing time in your life. BTW can't help noticing how AWESOME that little guy of yours looks in that color blue. He needs some more blue shirts. LOL! :0) Angel

Wendi said...

fun, fun, fun...IT's HERE! congrats! So excited to hear about everything and see your new pictures!