November 29, 2008

Wedding Preparation

We're home from the honeymoon as of Friday night. YAY! We're husband and wife...FINALLY! I am now Mrs. Paul Lewis. Can you believe it? I have so much to share with you about the days leading up to the wedding, the day itself and the amazing trip we took after the ceremony was over! However, I've been very busy and haven't had much time to post. Besides, I don't have the wedding pictures yet so I can't share with you...I should have them this week though! Can't wait!


The family came into town on Wednesday night and it was SUCH a joy to have them here. It wasn't this huge stressful thing, like weddings usually are. It was just a delight to have them here to celebrate with us.

Thursday night Laurie, Danyel and I went all around town buying flowers for the wedding. Laurie did a lot of the flowers and sweet Julie did the rest. Aren't the flowers beautiful?








While we were flower shopping, Paul and both dads were moving Paul's furniture into my house. Look how happy he is on moving night???!!!




Friday wasn't a bad day. I went to school and it was Grandparent's Day. My parents loved this, but it was stressful for the teachers, let me tell you. However, when it was over I was done for the day. I left early, thanks to my wonderful assistant and got to head over to the spa. The parents in my classroom gave me a $500 gift card to the Grand Spa in Dallas. WOW! Never been anyplace like that before! I got a sea salt scrub, massage, facial, ultimate manicure and ultimate pedicure. It was unbelievable. Jenni and Danyel joined me for the nails and toes and it was so much fun.
After the spa we all ran over to the church for a little rehearsal. It went pretty smoothly. I only had one minor freak out and I got over it pretty quickly.



Here are Danyel and Kristi fluffing the wreaths before we hung them on the church doors. Thank you Amy for making these! They were lovely!

Saturday morning was perfect! I woke up as my babies were crawling in bed with me. We cuddled for a while and then Paul called. He wanted to read to me from what he had read that morning in his time with the Lord and then he wanted to pray for us. It was a conversation I will never forget.

Then, the day looked like this:

1) Finish packing
2) Take Cait to get her nails done



Isn't she precious??



3) Get make-up done at Neiman Marcus



Look at the sweet look on her face as she is watching me. Not many little girls get to see their mommy as a bride. She kept telling me how beautiful I looked. So sweet!





That's all I have for today. The photographer picked up here at the hair salon, so we'll have to wait on her. But...maybe I can get some honeymoon pics up this week. It was an AMAZING trip! More than I dreamed it would be! I love being married to Paul David! What a man!

5 comments:

Familyoffoxes said...

tamra, I've been checking all the time, I want you to know kevin and I have had you and paul in our thoughts and prayers! I cant wait to hear more! Thank you for sharing youre life with us!!

Lance and Sarah Keeling said...

Oh dear so amazing I remember when the days seemed so long to you. God is always faithful.

Treats by Trish said...

Yea - you are married to your love! And can I just say your make-up looked WONDERFUL!! Cait was right - very pretty. Can't wait to see the wedding pics!

Jennifer Bacak said...

So exciting...I've been thinking of you guys tons.
Love you! You are beautiful!
jenn

Unknown said...

so exciting. what a uniquie gift from God to actually be able to have your children be a part of such a life changing event. God truly has His plans, doesn't He? Can't wait to see you!