May 23, 2007

Look at me Gettin' All Crafty!

After some dear friends of mine made me a beautiful plaque using their modge podge skills, I thought I'd give it a try myself. Here is the first of three modge podge creations that I made. This one is for B's room. You can't read the verse in the first picture, but you can't see the paper in the second picture either. So combine them and you'll get the idea. (no idea why this is underlined)






This one is for the kid's bathroom which is done in frogs. This one looks kind of funny in the picture too. You get the idea!


The last one is the one I did for Cait's room. My goal was to choose verses that they might read over and over and over again throughout the years...that they might be verses that would make an impact on them spiritually.


Here are the aprons that I made for Benjamin and Cait. This is a big deal for me. See, Chris's mom bought me a sewing machine as a house warming present...3 houses ago!!! I haven't ever used it because I was afraid of it. Well, I just decided that it was about time. I pulled it out. Mom helped me get it set up and get started and now I'm a sewing fool. Now, I didn't say I was good, I just said I was a fool. That's all.
The kids picked out their material for their aprons. Cait's is ballerinas with pink sparkles on the back (they are reversible) and B chose pirates (surprise!) and solid red (his favorite color) for the back.


The kids have been putting the aprons to good use by helping me in the kitchen. The kids helped tonight to make a chicken dish. While we ate, Benjamin said, "Man, I made a good dinner!" I had to chuckle...because that's exactly what I want them to think...that their part in the preparation is crucial. That I need their help! It was just funny to me.



My most current project is curtains for Benjamin's room. Yes...I've had the material for years now!! Better late than never though, I guess. I'll let ya know how those turn out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

3 things:
1. I also have a secret desire to learn how to sew! Maybe you can help inspire me to DO IT! Cute aprons!
2. Glad to know the cause of the headaches! Stress affects me the same way. I guess headaches are our bodies way of telling us to slow down.
3. Even though I will not be homeschooling our children I was inspired by your conference! I want to fill Rachel (and any other children we have) with the knowledge of God- who He is, that we should love Him deeply because of Who He Is!, etc. I am so convinced that many Christian churches today have "watered-down" the Bible so much that we have lost the vision of who God is.

Anyway, sorry for the long comment... Just wanted to let you know that I am inspired by your blog and your pursuit of filling your children's hearts and minds with the Truth!
Love you!
Danielle

ashley said...

Tamra...I love the pictures! You are so creative!! I'm sure they look great in the kids' rooms and bathroom. Wish I was more creative...there are so many cute things out there!

Glad to hear about your headaches doing better. Girl...I sympathize with you...they are horrible to deal with!

Let me know if you come home any over the summer. I'd love to see you!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Amber Smith said...

Tamra,
First of all... I LOVE the plaques that you made for Benjamin and Cait. They are so neat! I would love for you to show me exactly how you did that so that I can make some for my house too!

Secondly, way to go with the aprons! I am proud of you! Those look great!

Thirdly, I just caught up with your blog. My sis is getting married on Saturday. I've been really really busy. I am so glad that you are finally experiencing some relief from those headaches. An answer to prayer.


And- no thanks to you for putting a picture of me being "uncooperative". You are a turkey!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't your head feel better when you're being creative? Great projects. I am inspired!
Love ya, friend!
Lori

Angel said...

WOW! I am impressed. I want to know how to sew so bad. I have done some with my grandma but I am super intimidated. You're doing great. I am sooo glad you are feeling better. Angel