August 14, 2007

Quote of the day

Okay, so I've been up at Trinity this week for teacher in-service. Tons of students and moms have been coming by to help. Every student I have met is absolutely precious!!! One little girl I met today said to me, "Oh, Ms. Perkinson, you're prettier than I thought you'd be. I'm happy about that. One thing though...your roots are really dark. You should get a touch-up soon."

No lie. This is a fourth grader at Trinity Christian Academy. It's gonna be a fun year!!!!

P.S. I assured her that a "touch-up" was already scheduled for before school began!!! She seemed relieved.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh MY!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to "our world" at TCA!!!
I thought you looked marvelous --- never saw the roots!

Love you tons,
Medina

Anonymous said...

Ah! Too Funny!
Glad you're getting help with the finishing touches!
Love ya!

Angel said...

OH MY WORD! I am dyin here. Yikes. Well when I was pregnant and teaching kindergarten I heard almost every day how fat I was getting. :0) You HOPE by 4th grade they know a little bit better. Hee hee... Angel

Anonymous said...

You may hope that by 4th grade they know better but even in high school I got some questionable comments like when I was about 5 or 6 months pregnant with my daughter and one of my high school students walked into my classroom, looked at me and announced to the whole world, "Oh my gosh Mrs. King! Your boobs are getting so big!"