August 21, 2007

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the big day for me and for Benjamin. I've been on the clock at Trinity for 7 days now and I feel like I've hardly gotten anything done. I know I have because school will start tomorrow and I have to be ready for that somehow. I honestly feel though, that I've been spinning my wheels. Oh well, the time has come, ready or not. Tomorrow school begins at Trinity Christian Academy and I am in charge of 24 precious 4th graders. As an overprotective parent, I know exactly how those parents must be feeling tonight. Sadness... at the idea that their baby is growing and changing and becoming closer to leaving home with every day that passes. And jealous...jealous of the time that the teacher will have with their child all day, every day while away from mom and dad. And joy...joy knowing that they have picked an incredible school for their child to attend. And lastly...peace that God is in control. He has put their child in the class that He knew they needed to be in. He has put them with the teacher that God knew they needed. I'm anxious to see how He will work this year in the life of my students, as well as how He will refine me personally because of these students.

I wanted to ask you to pray for us tomorrow. Benjamin is a little "nervous" as he has been saying, but mostly excited. It will be an emotionally draining day for me...sadness at sending B to Kindergarten, plus anxiety and excitement for my own students and new responsibility to them. Thank you in advance for those prayers.

I wanted to leave you with a few of the precious faces from my class. I am so excited to be an instrument in their lives this year.














My amazing assistant, Charla. You will be hearing a lot about this amazing woman of God. I already know that I will learn a lot from her this year. And yes, I have an assistant for 5 hours out of every day. No taking attendance, making copies or transporting kids to special classes or recess. I just get to teach. Imagine that!!!

Me and B at my class picnic. The room moms set up a picnic for every class where the parents and students get to meet their teacher. Talk about being in the hot seat...in a good way though!!

Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures of Benjamin's first day of school!!!!! I'm gonna try to get all my tears out tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you and B Tamra!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know I read your blog and I'm crying with and praying for you...sharing your every emotion!

Trust in the Name of the Lord Our God
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David.

20:1 May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble!
May the name of the God of Jacob protect you!
2 May he send you help from the sanctuary
and give you support from Zion!
3 May he remember all your offerings
and regard with favor your burnt sacrifices! Selah

4 May he grant you your heart's desire
and fulfill all your plans!
5 May we shout for joy over your salvation,
and in the name of our God set up our banners!
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions!

6 Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed;
he will answer him from his holy heaven
with the saving might of his right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.
8 They collapse and fall,
but we rise and stand upright.

9 O Lord, save the king!
May he answer us when we call.

Anonymous said...

Tamra I have already prayed for you twice today & will continue all day long. For you & Benjamin. Love Dad

ashley said...

Hope you have a great first day!

Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamra,
You don't know me, but I have heard your story. Being a part of the body of Christ means taking care of widows and orphans, a group of which you and your precious little ones are now a part. As a former teacher, I know that the first few months in a new school job are crazy waiting for that first pay check. There are anonymous gifters who want to send you the things you and your children need this month - even if it is just money to pay the bills. If you will email me back at the following email address, I will make sure the gifts are mailed/delivered to the right address - home or work/school, your choice. We are all praying for you. Please email fortamra@hotmail.com

Mary said...

I love you! thinking of you!

Angel said...

I have been thinking about you today. I am praying that God gives you an extra measure of peace and grace each day. Hugs, Angel