August 23, 2007

First Day



Well, one day down and a few more...well a lot more to go. We survived!!! YAY!
Chris shared some of his pictures from that day with me. These are only pics of B and his room, not mine, so I'll have to share those another time.

B had a great first day. When asked what his favorite part of the day was, he said, "Eating lunch in the cafeteria!!" That was a pretty exciting thing. It's kind of fun letting him be a special boy on campus too. All the teaches know him and are looking out for him. They stop him in the hall and ask him about school and what he thinks of it. They think he's pretty cute too!!!


B and Mrs. Gilliland, his teacher. She is precious!!


Mrs. Herritage, the teacher's assistant


Goodbye Mommy!! Mommy is going up to start her own first day in class. There were 24 4th graders and their parents waiting in the classroom. But I knew B would be fine and do a great job, so leaving wasn't absolute torture.

Now we're excited about today! Thanks SO much for those of you who prayed for us! We coveted your prayers and still do. One day down, but there's a lot to go!!

P.S. Yesterday I came down with what I thin is pink-eye, so please pray that the meds I have clear it up pronto!!!

5 comments:

Christi said...

We knew you both would do great! I am sure that Cait did as well! We will continue to pray!
Love you and miss you all!

Angel said...

OH YAY! I am so glad it went well. Still praying for the "few more" days ahead!!! :0) Angel

Anonymous said...

Got my little update...I just sent an email asking for one, but I hadn't checked here! Shame on me!

Amber Smith said...

Love you Tamra! We are praying for peace as you start this new school year. I am so glad that Benjamin has teachers who know him and are looking out for him already. He is an extra sweet boy and will bless that teacher, I'm sure. I am praying that this school year will be a year full of blessings for all three of you. I miss you!!!

Jennifer Bacak said...

I love first day of school pics! All the kids have on their favorite shirts, hair fixed, backpacks on, lunches in hand, and they have that super excited nervous grin on. I just love it! You guys look precious.
I can't wait to hear how your year is going!
Our first day pics, since we school at home, are in our pj's. You can see them on my blog.
jenn