September 05, 2007

Out of the Cave

Hey there! I feel like I am sticking my head up out of my little cave just to give you all the assurance that we're still alive here! Two weeks of school are now under my belt. I am really enjoying my new school and my class. The kids are so precious! I am thankful. I am exhausted. My kids are exhausted too. Part of that has to do with the fact that we have to get up so early. Here's our current schedule:

4:30 - wake-up, get on computer, finish up anything for the day, possibly work out (hahaha!)
5:00 - shower and dress
6:00 - start to wake up B
6:15 - wake up B for real and get him dressed
6:25 - lift Cait out of bed in her pj's and put her in the car
6:30 - leave the house
7:00 - arrive at Cook's house and drop off my sleepy girl...lots of kissing going on here
7:30 - arrive at TCA (prep time...answering the question, "Now, what am I teaching today??")
8:05 - Students walk into my class

3:45-4:00 - walk out the door of TCA
4:15 - pick up sweet Cait
5:00 - home, fix dinner, eat, put away everything from the day and re-pack it for the next day
6:00 - play a little with the kids, baths
7:30 - bed time for kids
9:30 - bed time for me (sometimes I don't make it this late...seriously)

So, as you can tell, this is a whole new life for me. Early to bed is a change. I've always been sort of an early riser, but this is earlier than I have EVER gotten up on a regular basis. So, all that said, I am planning to move! Yes, I know what you're thinking. "Just what you need in the middle of your first year at Trinity on top of everything else...a move!!!" Yes, but I really have no choice, I feel. If I move over by Cait's babysitter, then I can cut 30 minutes off my morning and 30 minutes off my evening commute. That is 5 hours a week!!!! Hey! I could use 5 hours a week! Couldn't you?

So, that's how you can pray for us. Pray for God to give us the right place...priced just right and SAFE!!!! It is scary being a single mom!!!!

I would love to post some pictures, but I've lost my camera. Yes, my "less than a year old camera!" Have you seen it? Please let me know if you have!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have made a decision about moving! I think you will be much happier with so much time cut off of your commute.

I love you!

Dimple Queen said...

Tamra, I am not sure if you remember me or not, but I am Angie Pridgen (Turner). I was an RA in Burt Hall. Anyway, I just started getting in to all the blog stuff and have been spending some time "catching up" on some old friends and acquaintances. I want you to know that my heart was heavy for you when I read through your blog...BUT...you seem to be such a strong woman! I admire how you have handled everything that has happened. Your children are fortunate to have you as a mother!

About your move...I think it is a great idea and I will be praying for you and the kids.

DQ

Unknown said...

tamra
glad you are keeping up with our blog!
i don't know how you have time to write or read blogs?
4:30am? holy moly!
i pray God gives you the strength for each day, plenty of time to "play" with your kids, much needed time to rest, and he provides you the perfect new home where you feel safe and surrounded with love.
i wish we lived closer...I could help you!
i'm alone a lot with 3 kids as Rob travels often for lengthy periods.
i will pray for your family!
i can sort of relate to single motherhood.
can't wait to see how God continues to take care of you!
blessings!!
liz