September 16, 2007

The Accountability of a True Friend

After reading my daily schedule that I posted a few days ago, one of my dearest friends approached me. She very graciously asked where my time with the Lord was fitting into my schedule. I thank you, friend for asking me this question!!! I wanted to post about it so that you could know how to pray for me right now. I have decided that, at least until I move, that the only reasonable time that I can get time with the Lord is right before bed. I cannot get up early enough to have the time I need with Him. Also, it's hard for me to focus when I'm watching the clock and going over and over in my mind what needs to be accomplished in the next few minutes to get us to school on time. All that said, I am reading and praying at night and training myself to seize every possible moment throughout the day to pray.

The good news...I think I found a place to move. I put a deposit on an apartment last Thursday and the kids and I are very excited! It should allow for 30 extra minutes in the morning and 30 minutes more in the evening. Maybe more depending on the traffic. I plan to sign a 7 month lease so that I can move again the month after school is out. I will try to move as close to TCA as possible. This is the PLAN anyway...you know how our plans aren't always what the Lord has planned for us.

But I tell you all this so that you will know that I need prayer. Prayer for a smooth move that won't rock our world too much. And pray for me that I will be consistent to spend time with the Lord every single day. I need time with Him to get what I need to make it through each day. I am so needy and KNOW beyond a doubt that I cannot do what He has called me to do without His help...and A LOT of His help at that! Thank you for praying for me!!!

No comments: