September 10, 2007

Joy and Hope

First, I want to say "HI" to all the people who have contacted me to catch up lately. So many people from my past have come out of the woodwork and blessed me by contacting me. I LOVE hearing about where you are now, meeting your kids and spouses and seeing the work that God has done in you and through you over the years since we last saw one another. What a blessed community the Christian family is!!!

I get so sad sometimes when I think of all that God has done in my life lately and how there are just not enough hours in the day to record on my blog those encouraging things. I so want to remember them in years to come when I look back on this time. I do want to say that God has shown me so clearly lately that my "happiness" in this season is dependent on my viewpoint of what God is doing in my life. Honestly, life is really hard right now...logistically. However, God has heaped His grace on me, His provision, His peace, His people to surround me and hold me up with love, and encouragement and HELP! It's like, I find myself thinking, "Yeah, this is hard, but it is good." It is sad to leave Cait each day, but look where I get to leave her!! She is SO happy and loved and cared for. She is great! And Benjamin is flourishing at TCA and growing and learning things that he needs to learn. I have made some AMAZING friends, been stretched spiritually and personally and it is all for the glory of God. I have just been learning lately that I can't waste any time whatsoever being sad about where God has me. It is His plan. It is my cup. It is my portion. And ya know what, it's not bad. There's so much good in it. But, I might not have been able to see that if I was so blinded by my own discontentment.

How about you? What about your situation are you unhappy with? Can you learn to be content with this season right here, right now...even in the midst of lacking the very things you want most? I'm not there yet, but I'm learning (the hard way, I might add). He's so good to teach us, isn't He? Thank you if you've been one of the people in my life in the last month that has reminded me of all the blessings that I have. Thanks for reminding me that what I have far outweighs what I think I lack.

And most of all, thank you Lord, for giving me joy in this season and hope for the future. There is joy today because You are here with me and there is hope for tomorrow because I know You will be there with me there too.

1 comment:

Missy Steadman said...

I'm very unhappy at work right now, and I have the feeling that it is going to get worse before it gets better. Thank you for the encouraging words to look at what I do have instead of what I don't have. I needed that today! :)