September 29, 2007

African Market

Yesterday the Kindergarten at TCA finished up their study of Africa. What an exciting day it was! They held their African Market out in the courtyard of the school. The kids had prepared for the day by making an African medallion to wear around their neck and a hat. They also made an African craft to trade/sell along with a piece of fruit and a trinket toy. They turned on this fun African Christian music and the classes paraded out behind their teacher. She carried a basket on her head and was dressed in traditional African dress.



Half of the Kindergarten sat on their beach towel under an umbrella and sold their items in exchange for some beads that the class had also made.








Then they traded spots and the other classes got to buy, using their beads as money. The kids thought it was so great! They had studied the culture, the animals, the climate, the food and much more about this continent. I am so grateful for Trinity! I am so blessed to be able to be a part of this school experience for Benjamin and soon Cait. I was able to leave my class testing in the room with my assistant while I popped downstairs for a half hour or so to watch and take pictures. How cool is that??

We love Trinity! B loves school and I love my job. We are so blessed! Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tamra! I am so happy for you! I am glad that this job is bringing you such joy and is good for your boy and soon little girl. Praying for you as you prepare to move.
love,
ann

Louisiana Belle said...

Awesome! I'm so glad for you that the school situation is working out so perfectly! God is good! Praying for you...

Angel said...

OH YAY!!!! I love hearing that. How awesome. It makes me SO happy. Hugs. Angel