April 18, 2008

Friday Funny

So, yes, I stole this catchy title from the Girl Talk blog. That's okay though! I just felt like posting something funny today. It's been a long week of testing at Trinity and my brain is kind of fried. No, I'm not the one actually answering the questions but I have had to walk around for the ENTIRE time the kids are testing, check for bubbling errors, making sure they are on the correct page, correct section of answer key, etc, etc. There have been MANY major errors caught! But my brain frazzling has occurred because of looking at the answers the kids are marking. I would figure out one answer on the test and then I would walk around the room checking for everyone's answer on that particular question.

Like for example...according to three of the 4th graders in my room, did you know that the Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches are the three branches of the US Navy? Huh. Neither did I!!!!!!!

Or, you walk by one kid's desk and he's on #14. Thirty seconds later you check him again and he's on #32. Huh. Strange. Speedy and diligent worker? I think not!

It's okay, it'll all pan out in the end. Of course, it will be a major reflection on what I've taught them all year, but who's worried?

Not me.

Anyway, on to the funny.

Twice a year we have Bible Bowl competitions in our lower school chapel service. They ask the kids Bible questions and they answer them, competing on boys vs girls teams. The kids love it. So the funniest answers of recent Bible Bowls...

1) What three gifts did the wise man bring Jesus?
A: gold, a pretty box and......and..... a check?

2) When God created Eve, what part of Adam's body did God remove?
A: His backbone

HA!!!!!!!!

Happy Friday, y'all!

3 comments:

Dimple Queen said...

WOW...I haven't been by here in ages (it seems!) But you have been really busy catching up on the blogging. I LOVED all the pictures. The zoo, baseball, Madeline....I have seen some of Chris's pictures on the alumni site in the past....pretty cool....wish I could get some of that software!

I'll stop by more often so I can stay caught up! Glad all is well with you!

Angie

Mandy said...

Angel sent me over to your blog. She thought you might be able to help me a little. I am going through a divorce right now and it's really hard on my 3 year old daughter since I was always a stay at home mom and now I have to work and she has to go to daycare.

Just wanted to drop in and say hi and if you have any suggestions for me they would be greatly appreciated. I have a blog as well if you want to check it out.

I love the last one about taking out Adam's back bone. Was that a little girl or little boy who said that? LOL

Anonymous said...

BoifythipsBof [url=http://www.fendiihandbags.com]Fendi Handbags Sale
[/url] KiclaxcrihooK [url=http://www.fendiihandbags.com]Click To Find Out More
[/url] heriaudixsash