February 08, 2007

6 Months Out

Today...6 months ago today, was the day that changed my life. It changed my world in some of the most horrible, hurtful ways that I could imagine at that time. And then some things changed for the better. I couldn't possibly (and don't really think it would be much fun to) list all the negative aspects or repercussions of that day's news...but I could list some good!
  1. I was no longer deceived. I had been the "fool" so to speak for 5 years, and now...no longer
  2. I was given a great deal of grace on that day to hold all that was happening in my lap. It seemed surreal and evident that God was present and gracious to me.
  3. I saw that God does what He says He will do.
  4. A new chapter in my life began. It is a dessert chapter. Lots of sand. Lots of manna. (which I'm learning to be grateful for!) Lots of promises to remember and learn to have faith in. This is a good season. Can't have the growth without the seasons of "growing."
  5. I became utterly dependent on God in every way I could possibly think of. How would I survive financially? How could I raise my children in a godly manner by myself? How could I bear the portion He had chosen for me? I am finding that dependence on Him is the safest place to be. There's not much room for pride (which is great for me) because it's pretty clear that there's no way I could do this on your own.
  6. I have experienced new relationships, strengthened friendships and amazing encounters with people all on account of this very situation.
Now, I really could go on and on but you get the picture. I am grateful to be in this season. I am. And I know it could be so, so, so much worse that what it is. I am not naive that that fact. But, let me say thank you to the people who took the time to encourage me yesterday. I really appreciate it. I think there is so much comfort in the Word of God. His words have so much power, through His Spirit, to bring comfort, hope, peace and joy. So, I thank you sisters for showering me with His Word. Yesterday and for a few weeks I've been in a funk. I've struggled with hope, with peace and contentment. But each day is new and new opportunity to trust Christ fully. I'm asking for the grace to do that today and realize that this practicing IS what it's all about! I'm practicing as I walk through the desert how to trust Him more quickly, more deeply, more fully. He's given me that opportunity and I'm so grateful. He's not leaving me stagnant! Praise God that He cares for us so much that He is not going to leave us to ourselves!! OH!!! How these trials should make us long for heaven when we will be free from them! We will be perfected and fully sanctified so that we never will have to struggle with lack of trust, or hope, or contentment ever again!!! I can't wait!

So here's to the beginning of the next 6 months. I want to start off on the right foot today by declaring the Truth to you and mainly to myself. And I'll pray that we all will have the grace to keep that in our focus today.

3 comments:

Eric Sowell said...

Treny,
I so appreciate your honesty and encouragement. I hope you know that each time you share, whether hurt or blessing, is an encouragement to me to also press on and grow, though my road is so different from yours. My prayer for you today was that you would "be strong and take heart", that your idle thought moments would be filled with scripture and hymns and thoughts of blessings. We'll miss you this weekend in Austin! Hope yours is fun and relaxing!
love you!!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Just want to encourage you that you are obeying Philippians 4 passages
that Joanna and Angel posted yesterday. Choosing to think on what is
good and rejoicing...God will pour out His grace as you take the next
step...which He's also enabling by the way, lest pride try to seep in
and make you think you're doing it on your own. :o) You know how WE
humans are!!!!

Then, I went downstairs for QT and read this in my Stormie O'Martian "A
Book of Prayer":

Dancing in the Footlights:
Lord, shine the light of Your Word on the path of my life today. Make
it a lamp for my feet so that I do not stumble. Bring it alive in my
spirit so that it illuminates my mind and soul. Let it be a guide for
every decision I make, every step I take. Keep me from turning to the
right or to the left so that I will stay on the narrow path that leads
to life. Help me daily to carve out time to be alone with You and to
feed on Your truth.

"Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to
stumble." Psalm 119:165

I love you....
Mindy

Angel said...

Sending you a hug and a prayer from Houston. You are doing so great. Love, Angel