February 22, 2007

Lotta stuff

Well, we have had a full, fun and crazy week. I have had SO many things that I wanted to blog about, but no time to do it because we were so busy doing the kinds of things that you like to blog about. Ironic. Hmmm...
Anyway, here is the week recap with pictures...

You know we were at the lake for the weekend. Fun times with only the girls and 2 little guys! Here are some sweet pics of baby Mia. She is ALWAYS this happy!





Monday, normal day. We had Kindermusik and classes went great. Monday evening the kids went with Chris and I went to go meet Laurie. We are trying to meet weekly or every other week for accountability and to go through a book together. I think we've decided on "Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health" by Donald Whitney. The first chapter was excellent and I just wanted to read all of it...and it's short, so we thought that might be a good choice. It was fun to meet with my dear friend. She is always such an encourager to me. I struggled a lot over the last few weeks with loneliness and she just really spoke some truth into my life...mostly things I knew, but forgot. We have to be reminded of things when we lose our focus, don't we?

Tuesday I ran around like a maniac trying to get errands run before the kids came home. It felt so good to finally have my energy back. It seems like I've been sick and tired for weeks. But now I'm feeling more like my old self. It was a great day! I mean...the weather!!! Come on! How could you be gloomy in 70 degree weather with a light breeze blowing your hair and clear blue skies above? It really helped my spirits.
Tuesday night we had our belated V-Day party! YAY! The kids were looking so forward to it. Everyone was finally well, so we had our celebration including, pizza, crafts, cake decorating (mini heart-shaped cakes), balloons, goody bags, a movie, etc. You get the idea. I think they had a good time. They really thought it was special because of the balloons! Funny how such a small thing can make a big impact!
Here are the kiddos at the party.



Wednesday was another gorgeous day!! The kids went with Laurie while I taught. When I went to go pick them up we ended up staying for lunch and more play time. It was good just to hang out with my friend. Wednesday evening we met some of my "old" college friends in Grapevine for dinner. Danny and Joanna Isom were in town from Austin for a church conference. We each have 2 kids, but we had never met each other's children. It was so fun to see the kids in person (not just pictures) and reconnect with them. They took a lot of great pictures with their camera, but for some reason I didn't take pictures that night like I should have. Here are a few pics of us riding the carousel later that night.


Joanna and her girls are in the back there. I will post a better picture of them when she e-mails me her pictures...hint, hint Joanna!
Joanna is such an encourager as well! She is so intentional when talking to me...asking sometimes hard questions. I treasure her friendship!

Thursday we had Blue Ivy and ten we went to see our friends Jonathan and Abby to help celebrate their birthdays!! Abby is 2 and Jonathan is 4! So big! Kathryn and Eric Sowell are their mommy and daddy, in case you were wondering. Here are some pictures of the buddies.



Thursday night I played games, read books, and sang songs with my babies. They left this morning to go to Houston with their daddy for his birthday. I missed them LONG before they left me. It is really hard for me to let them go out of town!! I prayed all night and all morning for their safe travel there. They did get there safe and sound and I am so relieved. I feel like I can relax a little now.

Well, you may be wondering what I'm going to do all weekend without my kids! I did not want to be at home all weekend without them. I knew I would get lonely. So, I invited myself over to some friends houses for the weekend. Tonight I'm staying with Jenni and her family. Tomorrow I'm going to Laurie's for some scrapbooking and chatting. Sunday is church ( and potluck) and then my babies return. I'm already looking forward to that.

Sorry for the random post. I have so many other things I wanted to post about, but it'll have to wait until another day. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,
You are always on my mind! Donald Whitney came to our church to speak for a weekend conference, and it was really great! I know God will use that book for His good glory in your life! I cant stress to you how much I pray and think about you and your babies during just daily activities. What a blessing that God has giving you so many godly friends to surround you. Blessings, Cynthia

Tamra Perkinson said...

Thank you SO much Cynthia!! You can't know, and I can't tell you how much that means to me! I think that's what it's all about, right? Praying for one another and bearing one another's burdens! It makes us less selfish I think to pray for others. You've encouraged me in that. Love you sister...even though we NEVER see each other!!