March 01, 2007

In Memory Of...

Well, this has been kind of sad month as far as pets go. My parents' beloved dog, Lady disappeared just a few weeks ago. She was very old and my parents knew the time was coming when they one day would find her laying lifeless. But one night a few weeks ago, when there was a bad storm (she has always been afraid of storms) she ran away. She's done this before and my parents have always found her, but not this time. It's been weeks and no Lady.
See, Lady was the welcoming committee at my parent's house. When you drove up she would stagger over to your car and wag her little stub of a tail. She was sweet, and loving, and the most obedient dog I have ever know. She was a herding dog. You know, she would nip at the heels of animals to round them up or get them going. She never did that to us though. One of my fondest memories of Lady was when she used to chase squirrels around the yard (she saw them as intruders). She would hop behind them for some reason. It was funny to watch. You know, Lady was such a part of "home" for me. It is sad to think she won't be around next time we visit.


It's so sad! We'll miss that sweet girl!

So my mom calls yesterday morning and says she has some bad news. We've had a lot of bad news in our family over the last 6 months. We've had a divorce, a scary hospital stay for my pregnant sister (or two), both grandmothers have fallen and broken major bones, followed by surgery, my parents are leaving their church of 20 years because the deacons there have decided they are the elders rather than the servants and are playing dirty!
Well, Hershey, my parents' horse died the night before. What is it with their pets? Do you know how sad that is??? Benjamin rode the horse since he was a little bitty guy still in diapers (or sat on him rather in great fear). He's dead!! I felt so sick when she told me the news. (If you're a man, don't read this next sentence) Maybe it was because I have PMS, but I cried. Sad news. Then I had to tell my kids. Fun.





Hershey was a good old horse. And...we'll miss her too. "Home" is changing a lot. No more "church home" to visit when I go back to Tomball. No more horse riding, no more welcoming committee (just wonderful mom and dad, of course!). I hate change. Do you? I don't like it...or maybe it's just that I don't like TOO much change at once.
Never the less, God is Good and Faithful and I need to not pout (okay to be sad, sure) about the change in my life. Change is good. Right?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

100% agree, change can be good, but too much change is just no fun. Hope everything is going well Tamra, I'm posting from Jolly Old England!

Tamra Perkinson said...

Daniel,
I can't lie...I'm super jealous of you being in England!!! Lord willing, I will get there one day!! I want so badly to visit Italy, Scotland again, France, Germany. I want to travel all over. Please send me link sometime to some of your pictures. You're staying out of trouble, right??? HA HA!!

Tamra Perkinson said...

Ashley,
Sorry to hear about you girl! You guys will be better next year after your immune systems have built up! Are you all on Vitamin C? Get some Cold-eez too. That kines your throat with zinc so that nothing can grow. It'll help if you feel like you're coming down with something.
Take care sweet friend! I hope those girls of your don't get it too!
Do you need me to mail you some soup?? HA!