March 07, 2007

Love Letter to a Friend

Back in August, during the darkest hour of my life thus far, a dear, sweet friend sent me a letter of love, encouragement and hope. Now dear friend, you are facing your own dark hour... again. Though our valleys look very different, they are one in the same really, aren't they? They are both a dark walk through a place we did not want to go. They are both full of tears, pain and sadness, but not with out hope. They are humbling and bring us to a place where we are so very needy that we know without a doubt that we could not walk another step without His all-sufficient grace. No self-sufficient thoughts in the valley! I know without a doubt that God will be more real and more near to you during this walk than most other times in your life as He has been to me.

You have been such an example to me of faithfulness and godliness. You are one of the best moms I have ever known! Your walk with the Lord is so inspiring to all who know you. Thank you for your faith during this season. What amazing fruit of the Spirit is being born in you right now. Praise the Lord for His work in you!

I'm so, so very sorry for what happened. I'm sad, but not without hope or trust that God is good. He is always good and His plan is good. Sometimes His plan is not what we would have chosen, but He knows so much better than we can know. I know you believe this and I know you are trusting in Him right now.

Know that my love, my prayers and my tears are for you right now.
Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

1 comment:

Amber Smith said...

Thank you, sweet Tamra. I am SO thankful for those prayers right now. You are a very dear friend. I love you!