March 14, 2007

A Jelly Good Time!

Monday night a few of the girls got together to learn how to make homemade jelly. Our friend Amy agreed to help us seeing as how she had done it before. We all gathered at the church and brought the fruit we wanted to turn into jelly. Julie and I brought strawberry, Jenni brought peach, Amy brought mango and Kathryn brought a little bit of everything including raspberries. Here we are cutting, mashing, cooking and adding more sugar than you want to know (let's just say it's about accurate to say that for every cup of fruit there is 2 cups of sugar or more!!!!).

Jenni helping me with my strawberries. We both had enough fruit left over to combine ours and make a batch of strawberry peach jelly! MMMmmmm!


Julie, Amy and Kat way in the back cooking her Sure-jel


Amy making her mango jelly.


We celebrated a birthday while we were there too! Kat's birthday is today! Happy birthday friend! How many birthdays have we celebrated together, girl? Like 10 or 11, huh? Either we've known each other a long time or we're getting old.

Here's the finished product. Look at all that jelly!! If you need some yummy jelly then you know who to go see.
We had such a fun time together! This picture took forever to take because we were laughing so hard that we had to keep taking it over and over. We finally got it! Thanks girls for such a fun memory!!! I think we started a tradition!!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Ok ... I am a little (lot) jealous! You are really putting the pressure on for me to make a trip!!!!!!!!! :) Love you gals and miss you!

Anonymous said...

So it worked??? Just kidding! I don't want to make you jealous! You know we were all thinking how much we wish you could have been there laughing and chatting with us! WE love you and DO look forward to a little visit from the Ramares family!! I can't deny that!

Anonymous said...

You know exactly why Mrs. Hamm!!! Broken blow dryer equals a very bad curly hair day! I was very strategic in the pics I chose!!! Hey! It's MY blog, right?? You can post terrible pics of me on your blog and I can't say a word about it. Oh, wait...you don't HAVE a blog. Too bad!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I see a home business in the making--Tamra's Sugar Jelly ;)

What fun memories, and you have something yummy and practical on top of it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it really works well with my diet right now, huh?? Sugar jelly!!! I did have some toast with jelly this morning for breakfast. I had the peach strawberry and it was SOO..SOOO...SOOOO stinkin' yummy! Jenni, we did good, girl!!
Now you all want some, huh? Sugar coma!

Anonymous said...

I make my own jelly now. It is so much better than store bought but it is shocking to see how much sugar you use! Glad you guys had fun! And once again, I forgot Kat's birthday. I am so bad about things like that!