February 02, 2007

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day

I feel like Alexander this evening. You know, Alexander from the "bad day" book who didn't have anything go right for him that day? Well, if I remember the book correctly, and I should because I just read it to my kids a few weeks ago, Alexander's problem was really his attitude. He woke up on the wrong side of the bed and then his attitude just stayed in a slump all day long. That's kind of how I feel today. My attitude is way off.
I told you yesterday that I'd had a gloomy morning with all the rain and that it had been a bummer week altogethr. Well, it has. I just haven't felt well and I'm on this new nutrition kick. Yes, Danyel, my mom, Mindy and Laurie and I are all trying to implement some new nutritional goals into our daily lives. We all wrote our own goals and then we have been encouraging one another in them. Here are some of mine...some are too embarrassing to share!
  1. Take supplements daily
  2. Be in bed by 10:00 ( I allow myself to read until sleepy...which means approx 2 mins.)
  3. Get up at 5:00am
  4. treadmill 5 days/week
  5. crunches 3x/week
  6. cut out processed sugar, white flour, and cokes except for one day/week
  7. drink water with lemon (to alkalize my body)
  8. microwave as little as possible
  9. do not reheat anything in plastic containers
  10. eat organically as much as possible
"So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I Cor 10:13

So there they are...now you know why it's been a hard week! HA! Honestly, the hardest thing has been getting up early because I haven't felt good and not microwaving!! So bad for your food, but SO convenient!! Not sure I can stick with this one!
That's right, this week my kids have been eating fresh (no sugar added) almond butter...(Cait is allergic to peanuts), whole wheat tortillas, organic veggies and fruit, organic eggs and milk, rice cakes, sugar free cookies, etc. etc. And I had my very first taste of salmon this week. Yes, isn't that sad? I bought a fillet for myself, bought some recommended salmon rub and grilled it to perfection! It was yummy, but I'm not sure it's my first choice for fish.

I have to say thank you to some people here...Danyel, thank you for pushing me to actually make the list instead of feeling guilty about wanting to do this and not...
Thank you Mindy for researching, counseling and guiding me through this whole endeavor. You are a wealth of knowledge girl!!
And Laurie, thank you for showing me what this looks like. Thank you for setting the example and then taking me to Central Market to show me what to buy and what NOT to. You are a true friend!
Please ask me how this is going! I wanted to post it up here for all to see so that I would be utterly embarrassed if I bailed out and went back to my terrible ways!!!
I'm hoping to be feeling better next week and get that much needed exercise in! Happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I do most of those things too--haven't left the microwave yet though. That's an ambitious list--way to go!! No trans-fats either, right? I have some favorite good things that are yummy (since some are, uh, boring)that I've found if you're interested...

Anonymous said...

Ha--just realized that as I read this again that I only do the eating right stuff. I stay up WAY too late, 7:30 is EARLY for me, and don't excercise enough--you're ahead of me there!

Anonymous said...

Yea, Tamra! I hope it makes a big difference in the way you feel. Keep us posted on how it's going! It is a good reminder to me that I need to be more healthy!

Anonymous said...

I think that you are very ambitious. No microwave? Wow. I don't know what I would do without it. You go girl!