February 14, 2007

MY VALENTINES

Today was such a fun day! I have looked forward to it for weeks now. What some people have been concerned might be a difficult holiday for me (and it could if I gave it enough thought) actually turned out to be one of the most fun and comforting. I wanted my kids to experience a special holiday this year where they KNEW that thy were loved! Not only by me...their mommy, but their Heavenly Father as well.
SOOO...the morning started out with them waking up, getting dressed (in red and pink :-) and then heading downstairs for a special breakfast.
THIS was waiting for them! This was a BIG deal people to a 5 and 3 year old!!!




During breakfast we reviewed some of the verses that we had just learned a few weeks back from I Corinthians 13. We talked about how GOD IS LOVE and how by God's very nature, he IS love. He is patient and kind, He doesn't rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth. Most of all, love never fails...so God never fails. Such a good reminder for so early in the morning.
After breakfast the kids got to go to one of their favorite places in the world...Disney World (otherwise known as Laurie's house!) They go play at Laurie's for about an hour and a half on Wednesdays so that I can teach. They love it!! And of course she spoils them with gifts and treats and love and attention. Everyone's happy. After Laurie's then we ventured down to the Science Museum in Fair Park with some friends from church. I was sort of dreading the trip simply because I was envisioning this chaotic, crowded, stressful, expensive outing that I would regret going on after the fact. Well, it turned out that wasn't the case at all. There was hardly anyone there. Why? Probably because it was Valentine's Day and no field trips are going to be planned on the same day that all the parties are. We decided that this is the day of the year for an annual field trip...somewhere! Here are some pics from our day. Fun times!!


Emma, Benjamin and Luke


Farmer Ben!!




Playing in the water


The kids had a Valentine's Party planned for some of their little friends tonight (NO PARENTS ALLOWED!...except me) however, all of our little friends were sickly, so we postponed that little party until next week. So, we will still be celebrating V-Day next week as well. Stretch out all those fun times and calories, right??

This Valentine's Day has been great! I mean...one of my best and most memorable. One sweet friend sent me roses! Another dear friend gave me some beautiful V-Day candles. One sweet friend that is very far away sent me a gift certificate for Pampered Chef (because she knew i"d been drooling over some things in their catalog!). I got sweet cards, encouraging e-mails, Godiva chocolates from students, gourmet cupcakes, and then this...what more could you ever, possibly want on Valentine's Day?

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You are a blessed woman with some blessed kids...not to mention those blessed people you call friends!

I love you...
Mindy

Christi said...

Wish I could have been there for the field trip! What fun!
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great day. I may have to snag some of your ideas for next year!
Love you!