July 22, 2008

Tenth and last day of vacation

Our friends, the Bacaks had to go home pretty early this morning of our tip. We had a great time visiting, but more company was on the way. Mom had a "honey-do" list for dad, me and Paul to get ready for our company. All my dad's family, mom, brothers, sisters, cousins, children, the children's children were going to be there. It was going to be a full house!

Mom read a little bit to the kids that morning after we were all set and just waiting for everyone to show up. This is the version of "Cinderella" that I had growing up. Man, do those pictures bring back a flood of memories!











Here's grumpy...I mean, Uncle John



This is Riley, my cousin Michelle's first baby.
She's a dumpling!



Mommy Michelle with her baby


Cousin Angela leaning in over my Aunt Shanon's shoulder.
Aunt Sharon sitting across from them on the other couch.


Benjamin was impressed with Riley's "muscles."
He thought hers were bigger than his.
Seriously!


I SO wish I had more pictures of the family from that day. What was I thinking? Oh well, you'll just have to trust me that it was wonderful catching up with everybody!

After lunch and a little visiting it was back to Dallas for unpacking and getting ready for life back in the real world. I'll end the vacation report with my favorite picture. Benjamin took this picture with my camera. Pretty good, huh? It's not so much the picture that I am fond of though, as it is the person in it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that we couldn't be there. Riley is so beautiful. We will all have to go there again for a family get together. Next time maybe we can make it there. That would be so fun!
Danyel

Anonymous said...

Hey Tamra! I was reading your blog after such a long time! Would you mind emailing me at sheila.grace@yahoo.com? Love you!

Unknown said...

Your kids are soooo good looking. Cait is going to be a heartbreaker for sure~! By the way, you and Paul make a pretty good looking couple, if I can say so myself! I wish we could be there in August, but it just won't be. Amaleah had a tea party for her 5th and it was lovely.

Angel said...

I have so enjoyed seeing all the fun pictures of your wonderful vacation. It's been an amazing honor to watch you walk through this journey of pain and healing and hope. Thank you for letting your light shine. You are precious. I am so excited to see that maybe there is a man who sees how special you truly are and treasures that. Hugs, Angel

Treats by Trish said...

SO happy to hear from you!! I sent you an e-mail. Looks like the vacation was super fun. I love that last little picture - you both look so happy and are such a cute couple! Talk to you soon ~ Trish

Louisiana Belle said...

That last one is definitely a beautiful picture, Tamra! It's so good to see you smiling and happy. God has his best in store for you, I just know it.