July 25, 2008

Who is Paul?

Man, if I had a dollar for every time I got that question over the last few months...I'd be RICH! Well, today is the perfect day to answer that question for you.

Six months ago today I went on a blind date. Yep. It's true. No, I wasn't desperate for a date and neither was he. BUT...God ordained the circumstances and looking back neither of us know why we agreed, but we did.

My friend Amy, from church, asked one of her friends named Ashley if he knew of any great Christian guys for her friend Tamra. Ashley said that he DID know a great guy that happened to be one of his clients. Ashley is a financial adviser and Paul was just on of his clients...that he thought very highly of. Ashley contacted Paul in September or maybe early October of 2007 and asked him if he was interested in being set up with a nice Christian girl. This, of course was all without my knowing! No reply came form Paul. Another e-mail from Ashley and still no reply from Paul. This went on for several months. Finally Ashley sent Paul a picture of me and he finally gave in. January 2008 Paul called me for the first time. A little awkward at first, but not too bad. After a little get-to-know you talk Paul asked if I'd like to go out to dinner sometime. I thought, "What can it hurt?" so I agreed.

So, Friday, January 25, Paul picked me up at Trinity around 6:00 pm. When I came out of the front doors and took one look at him I was pleasantly surprised! He looked exactly like what I wanted him to look like...a man. Not a boy, but a man, and a nice looking one at that! So, after a little bit of awkward giggling and uncomfortable introductions, we got in the car and headed out. He took me to a SUPER nice restaurant called Go Fish right down the street in Addison. The food was amazing, but the conversation was a little painful. Seriously, neither of us were acting ourselves and it was just weird. It was obvious that he was a genuinely nice guy that loved the Lord and his family. We even seemed to have lots of common interests, but it was still painful. After dinner we went to the Watertower Theater where we saw "Much Ado About Nothing" by Shakespeare. It was an excellent choice on his part. Lots more laughing and good conversation happened there.

Well, even after a painful date and many embarrassing comments on both of our parts (that we STILL tease each other about today) we are still continuing to spend time together. Tonight, to celebrate 6 months of wonderfulness, we are going back to the same restaurant where we had that first date. We are celebrating what God has done in bringing our paths to a crossing point and giving us the opportunity to grow as friends over these last six months.

So...there ya go. That's Paul. I wish I could tell you all the things that make him so wonderful in my eyes. I wish I could tell you why he is such an obvious blessing from God to me and my kids. I wish I could share with you all the amazing evidences of God's hand in this relationship. But that will have to wait until another time. I'll have to leave you with more to come because right now I need to go get ready for my night on the town!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us in on how it all started! Have a great time tonight! I am just looking forward to next week when you can tell me even more wonderful things about him while you are in my own house!

Danielle

Angel said...

What a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Angel

Treats by Trish said...

I love the 'so how did you meet?' stories. I don't think it is ever how we expect - those wonderful men come at the most unexpected times. Well, I for one was dying to know who Paul was - sure am glad not to be disappointed - so romantic - sigh ~ Trish

Rachel said...

That's awesome, Tamra! I hope you had a great night out. Thanks for giving us the scoop- I was beginning to wonder... ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great story Tamra!