July 07, 2008

Vacation Day #1


We hit the road...a little bit later than planned...but who cares? We set off on our vacation. Well, I called it a vacation. Cait kept calling it our adventure and Benjamin kept calling it our field trip. Funny. Anyway, whatever you choose to call it, it was going to be fun!

We turned the key to my car at about 10:30 that morning to leave. Well, as must always happen...the battery was dead. Oh yes...seriously. After banging on many a neighbors' doors, we finally got some jumper cables. Paul got the car going and we were off to Walmart. Paul bought me a pair of brand new jumper cables! I was giddy! No, but seriously, it was very, very sweet and I felt so very safe having Paul with me through the whole ordeal. You wives don't take that for granted, okay? Man, it's scary to have car problems or house maintenance when you are single!

Why did I get off on all that? Not sure.


Anyway, here we are stopped in Waco for lunch. We went the ultra-cheap vacation route. That means, we cooked almost all of our meals and had sandwiches everyday for lunch. It was great!


Yummy sandwiches!


We drove straight to San Antonio where we rented a house for three nights. Here are Kristi and me in the kitchen whipping up some dinner. This was one of the most fun parts of the trip...working int he kitchen with everyone. You learn a lot about people by the way they cook. For example...Kristi is an amazing cook, but very messy! She will tell you that herself. She also opens every cabinet door and leaves it open. I felt like the official cabinet door closer. I just tried to follow her lead and learn form her! She could fatten anyone up if you let her. The ironic thing is, she's so stinking tiny!

Anyway, talk about tangents! I'm going in every direction writing this!
Tomorrow I'll tell you about day #2 of our vacation. FUN TIMES, y'all!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,
Can't wait to read on. I'll be watching for day #2

~ann

Angel said...

HOW FUN!!!! Glad you weren't alone when the car died on ya. :0) Angel