July 21, 2008

Vacation Day #9

Day 9 of our trip was a great one. It started out with some boating and riding on th jet skis. It ended with a visit from a very old friend. Well, she's not old, but our friendship is!
Jennifer Seay Bacak and I have been friends since high school. How we really became friends exactly, neither of us could quite remember, but what does that matter? Jenn and I were always and still are in many respects a lot alike! We just thought alike. We had common interests (both loved to sing) and we both loved the Lord and wanted similar things out of life.

Well, after college, our lives kind of went indifferent directions (literally) and we lost touch, save the annual Christmas card! I had seen her babies grow year by year through that Christmas card picture. I loved it! Well, two Christmases ago Jenn got a little bit different card from me in the mail. I signed the card as usual, but this year...2006 I signed it,
"Love, Tamra, Benjamin and Cait Perkinson"

Jenn picked up the phone immediately and wanted to know what was up. Last time she checked there was another member in our family. I remember her saying, "Did he die?!?!"
I had to laugh because in a lot of ways it felt like he had. Ya know, you think you know someone and then you find out that person doesn't exist. He is not who you thought he was. It really felt like a death in a lot of ways.

Anyway...seeing as how she and her husband, Rusty live 30 minutes from my parents' lake house, we invited them up for a visit. We were so blessed to have Jenn and her two oldest kids, Emma and Jax to come and play and stay the night. Oh what catch was needed between the mommies and what fun was to be had between the kiddos! What a blessing to see the wife and mommy that she is today and be encouraged and spurred on.

Instant friends!



Jax and Benjamin after their baths, in PJ's ready for bed. They are snacking on cheese whiz and crackers. B said, "Jax, I don't know about this stuff, but it sure does taste great!" I bought him a can of this cheese whiz today at the store. He'll be so pumped when he finds out!



JAX!!!



Here's the gang with their morning hair! What a crazy bunch!
Cait, Emma, Benjamin and Jax



Jenn and I both decided that we would pretend that this (below) was a picture of two buddies hugging. Well, in actuality Jax is abducting Cait and she was rather enjoying it!



It was a fun time with fun friends! We are definitely planning to do it again in the near future!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! Wow, does Jax look just like Robbie or what? And Emma looks just like Jenn. That is crazy. They are beautiful kids!
Danyel

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you two were able to get together. Makes me jealous, in a good way. Jennifer was always so easy to be around and you always came away with a refreshed perspective on things. And yes, beautiful kids!

Jennifer Bacak said...

Tamra, these pictures are so great! I'm stealing them off your blog. (Which looks amazing too by the way!)
I enjoyed seeing you SO much! I was also encouraged by you, and enjoyed soaking up more of your story and how God has grown you! As I wrote on my blog, it humbled me.
I love you! I can't wait to get together again. And Jax has been talking about his "new Benjamin" a lot. All of us would love it!
Keep me posted...
jenn