July 12, 2008

Vaction Day #5

No, I didn't lose count! I really have no pictures from day #4 of our trip because it consisted of another morning at Sea World and then we all drove down to Surfside Beach where we had rented a beach house for all of us. Again, Paul did an awesome job planning this trip for all of us! The beach house was great! That night we made dinner and hung around the house and did a little resting up for the next eventful day!

So day #5 begins...
We woke up, had a big breakfast as usual and then threw on our swim suits. We loaded up all our gear and walked down to the beach, where we spent all day playing.
Being a good cook runs in this family!




I love theses pictures of the kids. I wish you could have witnessed the sheer joy on all their faces to be playing in the ocean! They were elated!







She had muddy toes and wanted to come show me. She's so funny!


Playing ball with Tyler


Classic beach picture...love it!


We buried Paul in the sand and here's Cait who wanted to be a mermaid


Surfin'!!


Building a castle in the sand. We had more fun than the kids did, for sure!



Adding shell embellishments to our sand castle











What do they see?

Dolphins! They were so close off shore. Very cool to watch!











Later that day Paul, the kids and me drove to West Columbia where my sister and Ryan live. Paul got to see Danyel and Ryan's house and we hung out a little. Then, we met the rest of the Lewis's at a Mexican food restaurant in Lake Jackson. This one was MUCH BETTER than the one on the River Walk! Yummy food!!!

After dinner ice cream

The girls...we look like Christmas!



Mia Beth getting some dessert and after dinner dancing with Mr. Lewis


When we returned to the beach house that night, we decided to take a little night time adventure down to the beach with our flashlights. We brought our shovels and pails just in case we found some treasures. Well we did! We found crabs! I missed out on most of the fun because of a splinter incident with my hysterical and almost always dramatic daughter. But...the boys and Kristi had a great time. Look at the cool crabs they dug up and then caught!








We decided we would wait to let them go until morning. They were just too much fun to let go quite yet!
What a day, I know! Can't wait to tell you about the next day!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Yes, I have a couple of those highly dramatic girls, so fun! Looks like you guys had a great time! Elizabeth

Rachel said...

It's so fun to hear about your vacation- I'm glad that y'all had such a great time. You look beautiful in every picture- so happy, too!

By the way, I love your new blog design. Isn't that website fun? I love that its FREE, too!