August 30, 2006

Fun and New Things

What a fun time I had tonight with my dear friend Amber. Friends don't come more genuine than this girl! I love having her as a friend. She is characterized by so many things that I wish I could be more like. I was going to list some examples, but then I realized that I would get carried away with how awesome Amber is and what a loser I am!! LOL We talked about heavy things and then fun things like homeschooling and sweet things that are kids do and say. That was good. We decided that we're going to have a slumber party next time and she'll bring her kids. I already can't wait!! Almost as good as her visit was the present she gave me...did you notice it??? The new things on my blog??? Check the sidebar. YAY!!! A "Favorites" list and a "Links" list. I've wanted them for a really long time!! She coached me right through it. What a pal she is! Thanks Amber for driving to Wylie to give an old friend some company. It did my heart good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

As I was lying in bed last night I was thinking about Amber and just how much you were going to enjoy yourself. I was reading her blog yesterday and was struck with what an encouragement she was going to be to you. She is so real and genuine and loves her kids, loves the Lord, loves you...she doesn't do anything half-way it seems. I'm so glad that you had such a special time together.

I love you friend,
Mindy

Tamra Perkinson said...

I couldn't agree more

Christi said...

How fun! I am thankful that Amber showed you those new things for your blog as well! Now I can read some blogs that I didn't know exsisted! Some friends have forgotten to share that they have blogs too! :)
Have a super day!

Anonymous said...

It is so amazing to see how God has surrounded you with so many Christian woman to encourage and be there for you! I think of you everyday! I so would love to be able to serve you, and be there for you and your children. Even though we dont talk very often please know you have a praying friend over here! Again, you alone have been such an encouragement to me. May we all go straight to God when we face a huge trial.

Aisha Willis said...

Yay! Tamra has mastered those pesky links! I knew you could do it. I LOVE you and I am praying for you and the kiddos everyday.

Amber Smith said...

Hey Tamra-
I had so much fun visiting with you last night. It was good to catch up! I'm glad you didn't compose a list about me either. That would be silly. We're looking forward to a slumber party with the kiddoes in a few weeks. Love you!