August 20, 2006

Rollercoaster

These last few days have been a rollercoaster of emotions. Sadness, anger, love, fear and anxiety, only to name a few. I know I've shared this very thing with some of you already, but I keep thinking that my emotions are all over the place. I don't feel confused, I just feel so all over the place. I keep telling myself to focus in. Let all the things of this world, like fear of tomorrow or anger at how someone has caused your children hurt...let them all fade away. Focus in on Jesus' face, His goodness and His glory. I feel like this week (as Jenni would say) is just a lot "messier" than even the last 2 weeks of shock and heartache. I so want to feel grounded though in the midst of crazy emotions that I'm told are normal. I want to feel the Rock of Ages beneath me, holding me steady, sure and giving me strong footing. Even as the waves crash on top of me, pounding me...I will feel safe. "I've learned to bless the wave that crushes me against the Rock of Ages." I want this to be the cry of my heart. It's all okay because He's with me. He's holding me steady and strong. I will walk through this fire because I have to, but I will not be burned. He promised (Isaiah 43:2).
But it shouldn't have to be a big trial like this one I'm going through for us to say these things about the Lord. It's almost harder to trust for the daily mundane things, isn't it? Why is that? Probably because in tragic situations we KNOW we can't handle it, we know we need help. But in the everyday, we sometimes think we can handle it on our own.
May we all turn our eyes upon Jesus- in every situation, big or small - look full in His wonderful face and the let the things of Earth grow stangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Your strength in the Lord amazes me to no end.

Aisha Willis said...

Once again I am inspired by your faith. *hugs*