August 27, 2006

Little Things

I just have several little things, none of which would constitute having it's own posting. But here's the update none the less.
  • I got a new comforter! Some dear friends of mine (they would die if I mentioned their names) gave me a giftcard to Linens-N-Things. This was for the purpose of buying new bedding for my new life of singledom. It is beautiful! They were having a big sale on the only comforter in the whole store that I really loved. I also had enough to get a new set of soft and gorgeous sheets. I've never owned sheets that nice! I even got 2 really pretty throw pillows to make the gift completely over-the-top wonderful! Thank you friends! I can't wait to set it up when I get my new bed from my parents in 2 weeks!
  • Now that many books and pieces of furniture are leaving my study upstairs I have a new plan for that room. It's going to be a study/scrapbooking/homeschool room. Awesome, huh? I am going to fix up my childhood desk that's been out in the garage for forever and bring it upstairs for the kids to do their school work on. I also now have plenty of bookshelf space for the homeschool curriculum I finally was able to buy. I also got a huge bulletin board to hang on the wall above the desk so we can work on calendar, weather, time, etc. and be able to hang their work up on display. It's so fun to have things to be excited about!!!
  • Cait has a new favorite book, "The Pokey Little Puppy." But she says it differently. Benjamin keeps trying to correct her and I keep stopping him because I love to hear her ask for it in the car. "Mommy, may I please have the 'Bokey Little Pucky' book. So precious!
  • Tonight in the car Cait started whining for her brother to give her teddy bear back. Without thinking too hard I asked him to give it to her right away. He said, "Mom, there is no bear. We're just pretending." She was pretending to have a bear and he pretended to take it away. She got mad and started yelling to have it back. What do you do in these types of situations??? Hmmm...
  • Tonight is my first night without my kids. Chris has them tonight at his hotel and will bring them to Rockwall tomorrow for Kindermusik. I'm trying to stay busy and not think too hard. I need to see it as a Mommy's Night Out, right? This is one of the hardest parts, ya know? Right there next to Christmas or Thanksgiving without them. Okay...I said I wasn't going to think too hard.
  • By the way, it is official. The filing for divorce happened officially. So unbelievable. Never in a million years did I think that I would be divorced. God knew though and He's got it all taken care of. His plan is good, kind and perfect. This is one of those times when what you believe about the character of God really matters.
Well, off to study for Kindermusik tomorrow and keep myself busy. Keep praying for us if we come to mind. Thanks for that, by the way. Really.

5 comments:

Mary said...

That's so cute about Cait and the book. . .that was one of my favorites when i was little. I love you and am praying for you

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are getting a new bed and have new bedding! What a great way to make a fresh start!
I wish that I could do Kindermusik! Rachel would love it because she loves music.
I love you and pray for you all the time. You come to mind quite often!

Katherine Grace said...

i agree with mary about the book, i loved that one when i was little! i'm praying for you and i love you!

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but now crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."
2 Cor 4:7-8

Anonymous said...

What a nice little glimpse we get into your life through this blog. Thank you for faithfully posting.

Your strength in the Lord encourages me as I start my new year of homeschooling. I was so discouraged and not looking forward to it, but as I was praying for help this morning I was reminded of you and the Lord used you to encourage my heart for the task He has set before me.

I love you friend,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

Praying for you today...are you out there?

Love,
Min