August 21, 2006

My good friend

I have been eager to get to that point...you know when I could write a post on a somewhat lighter note and it feel alright to do so. I think I am ready. I just feel so blessed tonight after having a lengthy conversation with my pastor and his wife. I receive such wise council from them continually. I was also able to spend some sweet time with my kids tonight. I just wanted to tell you about one thing that each of them said today that just warmed my heart and made me so very glad to be a mommy.

Benjamin emerged from his bedroom this morning with wild hair and squinty eyes. He sat down in a chair in Cait's room and watched as I fixed her hair for the day. He needed some wake-up time. I handed him his clothes for the day and asked him to get dressed, but he just kind of sat there like he was still asleep, only his eyes were open. I went on dressing Cait when after a moment he perked up, hopped out of the chair and said, "Okay, I have enough joy to put my clothes on now." I just had to laugh wondering how he comes up with some of the things he does.

The three of us sat at the table tonight about to eat our supper. I asked Cait to please pray before our meal. She thanked God for her friends, her food, her pink bunny, her bubby, daddy, herself and her good friend mommy. What a blessing to have 2 sweet babies in my care that give me reason to live today to the fullest and with JOY!

4 comments:

Amber Smith said...

You're exactly right, Tamra. All I have to do whenever I feel a lack of joy is to look at my two precious little ones and to think of the awesome gift I've been given. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I simply love the name of your new blog. What a testimony that choice of title is to your dependence on God and your hope in God! I am brand new to the world of blogs--I never new they existed until about a year ago. I pray your new blog will be a means of HIS grace to you. As you ponder His word and His marvelous promises in this forum, you are watering those reading your posts, too. Thanks for sharing!
Now, something for you. Enjoy!

"The mercy of God."
Psalms 52:8

Meditate a little on this mercy of the Lord. It is tender mercy. With gentle, loving touch, he healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds. He is as gracious in the manner of his mercy as in the matter of it. It is great mercy. There is nothing little in God; his mercy is like himself-it is infinite. You cannot measure it. His mercy is so great that it forgives great sins to great sinners, after great lengths of time, and then gives great favours and great privileges, and raises us up to great enjoyments in the great heaven of the great God. It is undeserved mercy, as indeed all true mercy must be, for deserved mercy is only a misnomer for justice. There was no right on the sinner's part to the kind consideration of the Most High; had the rebel been doomed at once to eternal fire he would have richly merited the doom, and if delivered from wrath, sovereign love alone has found a cause, for there was none in the sinner himself. It is rich mercy. Some things are great, but have little efficacy in them, but this mercy is a cordial to your drooping spirits; a golden ointment to your bleeding wounds; a heavenly bandage to your broken bones; a royal chariot for your weary feet; a bosom of love for your trembling heart. It is manifold mercy. As Bunyan says, "All the flowers in God's garden are double." There is no single mercy. You may think you have but one mercy, but you shall find it to be a whole cluster of mercies. It is abounding mercy. Millions have received it, yet far from its being exhausted; it is as fresh, as full, and as free as ever. It is unfailing mercy. It will never leave thee. If mercy be thy friend, mercy will be with thee in temptation to keep thee from yielding; with thee in trouble to prevent thee from sinking; with thee living to be the light and life of thy countenance; and with thee dying to be the joy of thy soul when earthly comfort is ebbing fast.

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

What sweet little ones...their comments and words are just a reflection of your mothering investment in them.

Love you friend!

Aisha Willis said...

From the mouth of babes, indeed...
Big hugs to you