September 17, 2006

Cousins

Yesterday Benjamin had soccer game #2. They don't keep score in the pee wee soccer games, but I was and the Lightnings won!! Woo hoo! :- ) Benjamin scored a goal and he was beside himself with excitement. Everyone was laughing at how cute he was in his little celebration dance.
As soon as we got home I had a call from my 2 cousins Ryan and Brandon that are living in Denton. They are going to school and have a Christian band that are pouring most of their energy into. They are the sweetest guys. They wanted to take me and the kids out for dinner last night. What a treat! We went to a place called BJ's up in Lewisville. They have awesome root beer that is brewed in house. We also got super yummy deep dish pizza and their awesome dessert called:
"BJ'’S FAMOUS PIZOOKIE - A freshly baked, hot out-of-the oven, rich and delicious cookie topped with 2 scoops of vanilla bean ice cream and served in its own deep dish. Your choice of chocolate chunk, white chocolate macadamia nut, peanut butter or oatmeal raisin walnut."
We got 3 of these and all shared. Of course we got the chocolate chip cookie pizookie. What a waste to even try the other kinds! Anyway, it was a fun night and such a treat to hang out with my sweet cousins.
Their band, Crimson Soul plays a lot locally, so check them out here!
Their website is currently under some changes, so this is their myspace page. Make sure your speaker is turned on, cause when you go to the "my space" page one of their songs starts playing. FYI- Brandon is the lead singer/song writer/guitarist. He's the blonde. Ryan is the red head and he plays drums. Fun times! Everyone was saying last night that Benjamin looked like he could've belonged to Ryan because their coloring is almost identical!

The kids are with Chris as I type all this on a rainy Sunday afternoon. I feel in very good spirits, however and I'm looking forward to getting a lot done tonight. I also have fun dinner plans that I'll tell you about later.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help coms from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth. He will not let your foot be moved! He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold! He who keeps Isreal will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in, from this time forth and forever more." Psalm 121

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your cousins!! How sweet of them!

Did Melissa decide not to come? I thought you had said she was coming this weekend.

Was Benjamin's soccer dance the same one he did after he got his spare at bowling? :o)

Love you,
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Tell Benjamin I said great job on scoring! He's scored more in 2 games than I have in 2 seasons of my co-ed league :D

Tamra Perkinson said...

I'll tell him Daniel. So, do the shin guards meet your approval now? I mean, did I put them on right this time??
Actually, none of the goals that any of the little boys made really would have counted. They were all inside the goal as they were kicking it. And most of the time, it accidentally went in. So funny! You'll have to come to one of his games sometime if you're ever in town on the weekend.