September 21, 2006

I don't really have a title for this post on my blog, because it is going to be filled with random facts and details that some of you might care about. Here goes (gotta love those bullets) . . .
  • Dr. Cindy and I went to dinner on Friday night. For those of you that don't know her, she's a godly woman in our church that has suffered through a similar, yet not identical situation as I am. She is a little further down the path on her walk with the Lord than I am, so I value her wisdom and mature insights on things. Cindy has 2 boys, which are older than my kids. She is a Family Practicioner and is now officially my doctor! I've always wanted to get to know Cindy. She's obviously very intelligent (She's a doctor!), she is talented musically, witty and she's a big scrapbooker! It always seems like we have several common interests...namely the Lord, music and hobbies. So...all that to say that we went to dinner on Sunday night together. Neither of had our children because they were both with their dads. We went to a swanky restaurant at the Shops at Legacy called Jasper's. I had never heard of it, but every single person I've mentioned it to has said, "OH, I love Jasper's!" Okay, so I'm out of the loop when it comes to fine dining. We had the most amazing meal there! Yummy! The crab cakes were my favorite and they were to die for!! Her gift card was for $100 and she said we had to spend it all. That was fun! Besides the food, Cindy and I had lots of encouraging discussion. We pointed each other back to the Savior throughout the conversation. What a blessing! That really was such a neat picture to me of the body of Christ. Thank you Dr. Cindy for sharing your evening and your mega-gift card with me! We have to do it again soon!
  • Company coming! My college roommate Melissa Millikan, now Melissa Bell is coming tomorrow to stay with me for the weekend. Fun times! Mel just was going crazy wanting to know how she could serve me during this time. So, company is always fun and just help around the house. I want her to help me hang some pictures this weekend. It's always good to have a second eye! Kat will be joining us some time during the weekend to hang out with Mel. YAY!
  • By the way, I have had the most amazing week. I have been in the best spirits as far as my life goes. I think it helps to be busy...and no one can deny how busy I am now that my schedule is in full swing. I feel like I am going two different directions at once and I'm supposed to spend time with my kids and be a good mommy and daddy at the same time. I need to prioritize my time so that I can accomplish all the things I want to and need to. Pray for me about that.
  • Today we have fun plans. Soccer practice tonight and I'm taking the kid to a bounce house place here in Wylie. We were out super late last night, so they're still sleeping (it's currently 9:00am). But when they do wake up we're gonna bounce ourselves silly!
Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! So glad you are having a great week!

Miss you,
Min

Amber Smith said...

I'm glad to hear that your week has been great and that you are in good spirits. What a blessing and an answer to prayers. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come hang out this weekend too! It would almost be a full reunion of the old UMHB days! Miss ytu but I am glad that you are having a good week!!!! I will look at my calendar more carefully this weekend and try to set up a time to come visit!