September 30, 2006

Things I love

  • when people stop me in a crowded place to tell me how beautiful my children are
  • fresh flowers
  • cool breezes on a fall day with the windows open
  • getting a good deal
  • being there to hear the funny things my kids say
  • phone calls or e-mails from friends who remember and care and who have genuinely been praying
  • finding rocks in the bottom of the washing machine and knowing they came from your little boy's pockets
  • the peace and comfort you get during and after reading the scriptures
  • nap time
  • kettle corn, corn dogs, funnel cake and fresh squeezed cherry limeades (all of which I had today in Canton) YUM!
  • Texas heat (just kidding)
  • singing to and praying with my babies at night and then telling them how much I'll miss them while they're sleeping.
Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! Thanks for the reminder to soak it all in - as I am home with two sick children this Sunday morning! Looks like I will get to worship with you guys via the internet! :)
Love ya,
Christi

Anonymous said...

All fun things! I forgot to ask how Canton was today. Get anything great?
Kat

Amber Smith said...

This was sweet. Thanks for making me smile today. :)

Anonymous said...

...and don't forget warm clothes fresh out of the drier on a cold winter day...mmm I love that.
Good seeing you today even if it was only a wave as we drove by you.

love, ann

Anonymous said...

Nap time is such a wonderful thing indeed. Wheteher it's the peaceful moment you get while the kids are napping or that wonderful refreshed feeling after your own nap. Awww man! Now I want to go lie down somewhere... maybe the archive room, no one goes in there *LOL*