September 22, 2006

Neat Orchestration

Ya know, yesterday started out so great. My kids slept until 9:15ish when I finally woke them up. We all got dressed, went to the doughnut shop and then headed over to Bounce Town in Wylie. I've wanted to take my kids there for a long time and thought that it was the perfect day to go. When we got there we were the only people there, which was awesome. We bounced and played, chased and tickled for an hour and a half. I was exhausted from all the crawling through caterpillars and climbing and jumping. They had a blast!!! Not very often does mom PLAY with them for such an extended amount of time. It was so great....for me too!

Afterwards we went home and hung out. We had a late lunch and then layed down for naps. I went to go get on the internet and realized that it wasn't working...AGAIN. The real bummer of this is that my phone doesn't work if I don't have internet because I have VOIP. I called a friend that is computer savvy to get some ideas and we realize that I need to call the internet provider, etc. I immediately got so discouraged. Why am I having to do this? I know nothing about computers...I just barely know what all the cords are now! There is NO husband coming home to take care of this for me. I'm ALONE! I was overcome with sadness for myself...pity in other words. I tried to call the company on my cell (which I've pretty much used up all my monthly minutes in the last 2 days trying to get my computer working) and the guy I was talking to was more interested in discussing the differences between Canadian and Texas weather than in fixing my computer issue. After about 30 minutes on the phone I hear a knock at the door. It's the Pates. "Someone" called them to see if they could come help me. It was so neat how God had it all orchestrated. See, Kris and Julie Pate were coming home from a funeral and were 5 minutes from my house when "someone" called them. Kris is a computer guy and he was not at work today because of the funeral. They came in, Kris worked on my computer for hours, not only resolving my problem, but educating me for future problems, cleaning up the computer from all the ugly viruses it had and then installing software that would protect me from more in the future. My discouragement was turned into praise to the Lord for sending me help!
Really, almost as good as the help with the computer, was the fact that it was a beautiful, cool afternoon, so the Pates hung around for the rest of the afternoon. We let the kids play together outside. It was SO fun just talking with Kris and Julie and having the company. To top it all off Kris took us all out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants...Tacos y Salsas. More great conversation and laughter. SO FUN!!

Thank you Kris and Julie for yesterday and everything you did to bless me. But mostly, thanks to the Lord for caring for me and not forgetting me. I'm seeing His comforting, gracious hand in so many more situations these days. Maybe it's more than usual, or maybe I just didn't notice as much as I should have before. Either way, He is faithful. He provides. He cares. I can't even type those words without crying. His care for me means more to me now than it ever has and for that I am so grateful. I pray that I never forget and that I never again take for granted all that He does for me!

"Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:25-34

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Tamra! One word: JOY! :)

Jeremy Mayhew said...

Aw, shucks. I miss out on all the fun! Way to go Kris.

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

That post brought tears to my eyes! It is so wonderful to witness how the Lord is so faithfully caring for you in the big and EVEN the LITTLE things.

I love you sister and am so thankful for the way our friends are caring for you. You are soooo loved!! A burden you are NOT!

Anonymous said...

Tamra,

Do you even know what a blessing and encouragement you are to others? I've been keeping up on your blog and have been praying for you. Thank you for allowing God to use you even during the hard times!

An old UMHB friend... Andrea (Newsom) Williams

Anonymous said...

AMEN, Andrea!! You've got that right!

Mindy