December 18, 2006

Christmas Program

Before we leave town I wanted to post a few pictures of the first two Christmas programs I directed this year. The third program I only got a few shots of and they were on Laurie's camera...which I'm not sure if I'll ever see again!! Just kidding Laurie!

Anyway, first program consisted of the 2 year olds singing 3 songs. They screamed and cried through the entire program. One child sang the songs while the others had to be held back from running to their parents. It was sad! I thought it was retarded in the first place to have a program with 2 year olds, but no one asked me! Then the 3 year olds took the stage. Very different story! No one crying, no one wanting off the stage...a few picking their noses, yes. But I'll take nose picking over screaming any day! Cait was in this group and they were all little reindeer. They sang, "One little, 2 little, 3 little reindeer", "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" and a few others.

Here's Cait counting the reindeer. Was a smart girl!!


The little boy next to her was distracting her from her little performance!


We're working on the modesty thing!


The second program started the next hour. This was the Pre-K and Kindergarten classes at Blue Ivy. We were performing, "Bob Humbug: The Christmas Grump." It's quite funny, actually and the kids pulled it off! The Kindergarten is in the middle with the fancy collars. The Pre-K is split into 2 groups, one on each side. Benjamin is in this group. Can you find him?






This was a song about Bob being a Christmas grump. Benjamin was doing the motions to the song, unlike the children around him, obviously


Do I have a class clown on my hands?


Thank God for my mom who came to help. She saved the day. I couldn't even list everything she did to help me this weekend, especially during the program. Thanks MOM! And thanks Laurie for coming to video and help with pictures. You're such an awesome friend!


The relieved director with the cutest elf and reindeer I've ever seen!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Thank the Lord you are done with those. I know it was a big relief for you to have it be over. I remember another Christmas program that resulted in you being bedridden for a few weeks right through Christmas!! What a joy it was to welcome little!! Benjamin and what a joy it is to see him today. Your children are so blessed to have you for their mommy!

Love you, friend, and praying for you during this season.
Min