December 13, 2006

Should be Illegal!

Tonight I had the weirdest thing happen. As you know, Laurie and I went to the symphony last week. So, a man called me from the Dallas Symphony (even said so on the caller ID) and was asking me about my frequency at the symphony...I think trying to sell me season tickets. I cut him off pretty quick with the info that I'm a single mom and I can't afford to go to the symphony more than maybe once a year at the most. He politely let me go and I resumed my dinner with my children. Funny thing...3 hours later he called again, only this time it was from a private number. He introduced himself as "Dean" from the Dallas symphony, whom I spoke with earlier in the evening. He went on to say that he noticed I lived in Wylie and he also lived in Wylie. He remembered me saying I was a single mom and wanted to know if I wanted to go for coffee with him sometime!!!



what?

How can he take my personal info from his job and then call me on his cell phone later to try to get a date? AND, how desperate is he? He doesn't even know what the heck I look like. I could be super bugly or psycho for that matter. I politely told him that I would have to decline and that I was in the middle of reading bedtime stories...so "good night."

Weird people out there! If he knows my city and phone number, wouldn't he also have my home address? EEK! Should I call the symphony and report him? What if he gets fired, gets mad at me and THEN comes to my house??? Am I getting carried away?

Some advice here would be appreciated! I have to laugh though!! My first date offer since the divorce and it is from a telemarketer who liked my voice!! hee hee!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should definately report him Tamra. That's certainly well out of his bounds, and something that I'm sure his bosses would very much look down on.

Tamra Perkinson said...

Daniel...
Hey stranger! How are you? I hope school is wrappin gup soon for you. Tell Becky and your parents that I said "Hi" and "Merry Christmas!" MC to you too!

ashley said...

There are some strange people out there!

I guess he sensed what a great person you are!

Anonymous said...

That is sooo weird. If it were me I wouldn't say anything. I don't want someone weird enough to ask me out when he doesn't know me to be mad at me and have my address. I guess your going to have to try to sound uglier on the phone!! :0)
Angel

Anonymous said...

I would report him. Scary!!!

Anonymous said...

I bet you are not the first (or the last) person he's done that to. I think you should definitely report him, but tell his superiors your concerns. But that is really creepy!

Anonymous said...

Just start telling telemarketers that your "husband" won't let you spend any money. That shuts them up very quickly. :-)

Jennifer Bacak said...

It's creepy if HE'S creepy, but not creepy if he looks something like Jude Law...has anyone seen "The Holiday?" Wow! He IS LOVELY! If he's a Jude Law look-alike then it's just the typical start of a chic flick.
It was great reading your blog. Now I feel even more caught up on your life. Miss you Tamra!
jenn

Amber Smith said...

You do have a great voice. Who could blame him? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jen, you found me! I was so happy to read your blog tonight too. What a relief to now be able to keep up with you via blog. I love blogs!

And Amber, you're funny. Miss you friend!!

Anonymous said...

I'm doing good Tamra, school finished up for me yesterday and I'm studying abroad in London next semester! I'll be keeping a blog everyday while I'm there, I'll give you the address once I make it :p

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, when I told Nathan about what happened to you, his advice was that you not report him, he could take revenge if he knows your address or whatnot.

I like the advice of "anonymous' who said:
"Just start telling telemarketers that your "husband" won't let you spend any money. That shuts them up very quickly. :-)"
that's all I have...ann